is it possible to have

Options
broms
broms Member Posts: 24
edited 27. Apr 2012, 07:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi quick question is it possible to have both rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis at the same time?

I saw my spinal consultant yesterday and he reckoned it wasnt possible to have both together. I haven't seen rheumatology yet but my GP said the blood test show that I have both - just interested to be honest.

Phil

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Phil,

Not sure but the helplines might know the answer. My gut reaction is yes its possible but the spine guy should know more than me.......

The important thing is that your being treated as its a similar treatment for both. So the sooner you see a rumo the better.

have you got an appointment yet? I hope it wont be long before your seen. Cris x
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    What your Gp will mean is that you have positive bloods for both AS and RA. From my limited knowledge this will show both.
    I have AS but sero positive RA bloods so its assumed I have OA.
    Both...as far as I know are inflamatary.
    I would however ask the helpline....I'm no expert.
    Good luck. May
  • broms
    broms Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks folks - I was just a little confused LOL - its not difficult trust me - from what the surgeon said. As for rheumy appointment nope not a sign of it and the waiting list is a good nine months over here!

Phil