JAW

Options
janjankay58
janjankay58 Member Posts: 44
edited 28. Apr 2012, 07:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been told by my GP that i have oa in my jaw does anyone else have this problem? I already suffer with oa of the spine neck knees and hands seems to be spreading everywhere!!

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Jan and welcome from me.

I have RA and it has affected my jaw in that now I have restricted opening but the pain went many years ago.

I know Magenta has big problems with her jaw and some others too, hopefully they'll see this thread and come along with advice and help.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Jan...this is what happens I'm afraid. Mine stated right hip...back...right knee and feet. Now its working its way up left side and my shoulders.
    I'm cracking all over today. It hasn't got as far as my jaw yet though.
    I live in the hope that it won't. May
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello Jan,

Welcome to the forum :wink:

I have OA in both sides of my jaw. I also have Temperomandibular Joint Dysfunction. Nobody knows how I've got this and at my age. I sympathise with you cos I know how painful it is. I've had a couple of arthrocentesis operations done to try and help with the pain and stiffness. They flush out the joints and inject anaesthetic into the jaw space. It does help.

I got OA in jaw first, which took years to get diagnosed, then it travelled to my neck, hands, fingers, thumbs and toes.

If there is anything I can help you with, please feel free to ask any questions or you can PM me. I use heat to help with the pain and try not to talk too much!

Hope this helps?

MAgenta x
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    I don't have Jaw arthritis , but after a car accident suffer from TMJ disfunction, as mentioned in a previous post.

At times, its terrible pain... So I completely empathise...

Hugs
    freesia xx
    hugs freesia xxx
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    I have OA on both sides of the jaw along with TMJD. My doctor was telling me in great length what they can do to 'fix' it and it wasn't very nice but I guess if it gets too bad I will have to have it done.
  • janjankay58
    janjankay58 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks for your advice my GP said i could have a injection in the top of my jaw for pain but i think i'll leave that for now. I'm just learning to cope with pain until i have a flair up and then i feel like i can't cope and then i take tramadol and go to bed. I am struggling to cope with not being able to do things that i used to do i feel as though i am loosing some of my independance.I know i am not on my own and i am sure there is a lot of people who feel the same its just good to have a moan now and again.

thanks jan