Anxiety and stress

Options
mouseymousey
mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
edited 27. Apr 2012, 11:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, Hope you are having a good day. I tend to get the above quite often. The side effect is I tense right up (carry all the tension in my neck). So I thought I'd try something else (again). Don't get me wrong - absolutely nothing against prescription meds, but just don't want to take any more at the moment. If I thought it was a serious depression I'd take them at the drop of a hat - the pain of depression was much worse for me than any physical pain - oh gawd I'm wobbling on again.
Back to the thread! I know you can't mention brand names on here. So I'm trying the things that come in a blue box and sound like the things that grow out of your shoulders! Day 2 so far so good - can't say I notice anything yet - but maybe thats the idea? How have you found them - or anything else worth a try - thanks

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there Mousey Mousey

Good to see you and thank you for challenging my brain with your cryptic clue :lol:

I got it and Not tried them, but did try St john's wort years ago (before DMARDs - wouldn't dare now with the medication), when l was with the kids Dad and went down to a size 6 :? It did help oddly enough. Was on the floor and got at least 12" off the floor.

Well done you for giving 'something' a go. Have you asked the pharmacist for advice? Oooh the St J Wort took about 10 weeks to help.

Love

Toni xxx
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Thanks Toni, I looked at that - but I wondered if that may interfear with the other stuff - don't you have to stay out of the sun too with that - ha sun what sun? Hope you are ok now?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Hi Mouseymousey

Yes you are supposed to stay out of the sun....as you can see that wasn't a problem :lol:

It is a tricky one isn't it with the meds, but yours is safe l take it. Perhaps it will take a while to work like mine did?

I remember writing on the calendar 'D' day for 12 weeks after l started taking it and it worked after only 10. I was sooo happy :D

Hope you are doing ok otherwise?

I am doing fine thank you very much :)

Love

Toni xxx