Scratching your nose!

Options
MaryL
MaryL Member Posts: 25
edited 29. Apr 2012, 07:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Cannot scratch you nose or put your hand to face. My answer is, get a dressing stick, take off hook. put padding on the end. I have used mine for years now.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nice one Mary :D

My Mum used to have a backscratcher which could be used anywhere you itched.

Love

Toni xx
  • MaryL
    MaryL Member Posts: 25
    Options
    If your mom uses a back scratcher can she wipe her nose with it. Nothing worst than a runny nose you cannot wipe ..See where i am coming from?

I also use a child's walking stick, the metal ones that you use for serious walking, like ski sticks. Take the end out which has the spikes and it becomes the right length if you are sitting in a wheelchair. I put padding on the open end and the handle rests in my lap. Very comfortable to rest my head on when i want to asleep or find the Sunday service boring!

I take the wooden one to bed as it is a light lighter.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Mary

it's lovely to meet you and to hear all your tips and advice. I hope we will have something useful to help you too :)

My Mum died nearly 5 years ago now sadly, but no she wouldn't have been able to wipe her nose l'm sure with the back scratcher.

I hope the service isn't too long/boring today :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hello Mary ,I have difficulty from time to time ,so all tips greatfully received,I sent my o/h out to get a Sunday newspaper ,featuring the free little pink hair dryer ,I thought that looks diddy and lightwieght but you have to collect 7 tokens 1 a week ...........oh well still might be worth having Marrianne :)