Sausage toe anyone???

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 29. Apr 2012, 14:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been having problems with my toes/ankles for a while now but my main problem is 1 bloomin toe, it is trying to lie underneath the toe next to it but it also looks disturbingly like a cocktail sausage now :o (it seems to have shrunk compared to the others) and the pain/burning in my toes, both feet plus the electric shocks through my ankles is really getting me down, especially at night. I have to put my feet out of bed on onto the cold radiator to get some relief. What with my hip/ sacroilliac joints and back it is something I could do without. Even the amitryps don't seem to be doing the job, taking 20 mg per night plus 45mg codeine before bed which used to do the trick but not anymore. Back at rheumys for results of mri on the 10th of may so will run this past him but just wondered if any of you had had the "cocktail sausage toe) thingy.

x Dee x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Dee
    Sorry I cant help, I am on the way to a sausage thumb, this blinking Arthur moves in all soughts of strange ways, wouldn't it be nice to be able to get your own back... :x
    I do wish you well with your rheumy appointment x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Hi Dee

you must mention that poor little toe to the rheumatologist :shock: I am so sorry you are suffering like this.

Chances are he can tweak your meds to get you some rest at night :? In the meantime have you thought about making a cold-water bottle to have in bed to keep foot cool??

Love

Toni xx
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Hi Barbara....yes this Arthur sure does challenge you doesn't it. A bit apprehensive about rheumy appointment but has to be done to sort meds out. He gave me diclofenac with a stomach protector when I saw him the first time after xrays of the pelvis and lower spine showed extensive inflammation, sclerosis and other irregularities but I could only take them for a week and had to come off them because of terrible bloating and stomach cramps that felt like I was in labour :o . He did say that if these didn't work he had some "special" treatment for me next time. Don't know what he meant by this :?

Toni......cold water bottle, such a simple solution why didn't I think of this :idea:

Will show the rheumy my lovely(not) toes and see what he thinks, feel like a hypochondriact (sp?) though with everything thats appearing at the moment :lol:

x Dee x
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Yes its important to mention it dee,
    Other meds may relieve it... after many many years I think the toes where the indication of PSA for me. Still controlled but in a different way.
    Good luck.
    Ruby