dentist aarrrgghh ha

Options
cheekygirl
cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
edited 30. Apr 2012, 07:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
:) hello everyone hope you all coping wth this constant rain it seems never ending .but we have to keep positive dont we .remember when i was so worried about going to the dentist ? you all gave me so much support . well i did it and at last i have lost my fear huurraaahh . but i had a tooth out 6 weeks ago and i stll in constant pain i got dry socket .but it hasnt put me off i so proud of myself and have a great dentist now .well take care you all .lots gentle hugs cheeky girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good for you, that took guts and you did it. I am pleased you have had the troublesome tooth removed but a little concerned that it's still hurting: would you consider contacting the dentist to make sure that all is as it should be? Good luck and I hope it feels better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    I hate the dentist and have been severly scared in the past..
    But the confidence it gives having that lovely smile is worth it!
    Ruby
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi ..well done you for getting the courage to go to the dentist...I hate them....I have fibro and I'm sure this really affects tooth pain..I get real random pains in my teeth and my dentist says my teeth are fine and it's prob my fibro....I have areal weird one at moment..had scale and polish 3 weeks ago...ever since if I touch end of my nose I get wicked pain down into my front tooth...but again the dentist say teeth fine...

So well done for going!

JAJA
  • Annah
    Annah Member Posts: 92
    Options
    JaJa, I also get weird pains in my teeth, which probably come from my nerve jangling, as they do, and my connective tissue disorder (which affects my gums). My dentist can't really do much about it, but he did say that some people just do have painful teeth.

I find paracetamol helps.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    HI CG

Well done you for conquering fear and sorry youre still having some discomfort...I haventn had a tooth out for yonks and would be really fearful if needed to get one out...Im an awful patient and id worry too...

Elainex
    cheekygirl wrote:
    :) hello everyone hope you all coping wth this constant rain it seems never ending .but we have to keep positive dont we .remember when i was so worried about going to the dentist ? you all gave me so much support . well i did it and at last i have lost my fear huurraaahh . but i had a tooth out 6 weeks ago and i stll in constant pain i got dry socket .but it hasnt put me off i so proud of myself and have a great dentist now .well take care you all .lots gentle hugs cheeky girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Cheekygirl,

I had a large molar taken out 12 days ago and have no pain at all now. As soon as the tooth went the awful toothache disappeared too and I just had to get over the sore mouth which lasted about 5 days.

Maybe you should ring your dentist again just to let them know and see what they say. I feel sure that 6 weeks on you shouldn't be having pain from it.

Well done for conquering your fear.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'