Some Actual Good News!!

skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 1. May 2012, 10:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
The cyclazine works! It even stops the mtx feeling sick as well :D:D:D

Its been so long since something went right it really has but....

I can take the 20mg oxy and use the 5 mg ones as top ups and am not being sick or feeling sick all over the place!

I so needed a break and especially now while I feel so down and here it is!

The tablets work!

They control the pain to the point I can walk and talk ... I don't say mama :lol: Not when I think how bad mine was :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I might be a bit floating.... my reaction time may not be good enough just yet as I need to get used to it but hey....

You all take care and for so many reasons thank you all so much. Love, tea, hugs and a maaaaa from the demented lamb leaping about the room....

I really did step off the real world eh?! Cris xxxx

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Cris, Way to go! Such good news. Soz haven't been in touch but been away for a few days. Back in the real world now so will be catching up on posts.

much love
    xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    great news keep up good work ((())) val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    What fantastic news Cris.....you diserve it.

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Chris you float has much as you like...I am sooo pleased for you...now dont go pushing it ...take it easy and let it get to work.....sending buckets of good vibes...and extra slurps xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Ah Cris Im so pleased for you. How nice to get some relief at last.
    Dont go pushing yourself too much.

Really good to hear such positives.

Shortcakes from me x
    Ruby
  • barking1
    barking1 Member Posts: 185
    oh Cris thats fantastic news and it came at the right time ,hang in there and enjoy it xx Jane
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    That's brilliant news Cris and if you happen to be a bit floaty, well that's a bonus :D

Fols x
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    That's great news, Cris :D

I've got a bit behind with reading posts lately, but I've noticed that you've been having a difficult time so it's great that things are getting better. Long may it continue!

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    That's great news Cris! It good to have a break sometimes and it feels great when something ACTUALLY WORKS!
    I'm very happy for you.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    skezier wrote:
    The cyclazine works! It even stops the mtx feeling sick as well :D:D:D

Its been so long since something went right it really has but....

I can take the 20mg oxy and use the 5 mg ones as top ups and am not being sick or feeling sick all over the place!

I so needed a break and especially now while I feel so down and here it is!

The tablets work!

They control the pain to the point I can walk and talk ... I don't say mama :lol: Not when I think how bad mine was :lol::lol::lol:

great news i am so pleased for you from joanne
    Yeah I might be a bit floating.... my reaction time may not be good enough just yet as I need to get used to it but hey....

You all take care and for so many reasons thank you all so much. Love, tea, hugs and a maaaaa from the demented lamb leaping about the room....

I really did step off the real world eh?! Cris xxxx
    Joanne
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Aw, dear Cris, such wonderful news from you. I bet you could not believe it, at first. So pleased I looked in.You have made my good day even better. :D Will reply to your message - honest. I have not forgotten you, will never do that. Ian retired TODAY. End of an era!

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh my word - at long bl**dy last my lovely! A med that works and does what is promised on the box. Now that is a lovely change, yes? :wink: I can't express how pleased I am for you. Big hugs and some other lovely stuff, oh skezier I am so happy for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Great stuff Cris, about time that you had some good news :D
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Brilliant news cris!!!!!!!
    about time something went right for you.

:):)
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Cris,
    I am so pleased that you have had a break through at last. With the double bonus that is has worked with mtx too... :D

Sorry we have sent down the awful weather we had yesterday, sunshine today here.
    Hugs as always,
    I x
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi Cris,

THAT is great news for you :D glad you having it a bit easier hope it continues :D

Perhaps you should re name Alba Tigger :lol:

Rose x
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    So glad to read your post, good news indeed.

I hope it continues for you,

Petals x
  • skezier
    :lol: mite be a bit stoned but really what's new.... side glance at the pregabs :wink:

I remember saying on the forum a while back that I have no worries about taking anything as long as it helps ( with the possible exception of the drip which I truly hate and suffer with sickness... now what happens that week....)

I know my back is at its last kick now but never thought it could get so venomous cus its always been usable even if it has hurt to blazes.....

The cutting in half is bad.... It really does feel like your being sawed in half and triggers all the muscle spasm... that's what the oxy's are for really and at last its just a pain like stitch and that's nothing in comparison to what its been....

I was on the cyclazine years ago and they took me off it as its not too kind to the body.... It was one of those drugs they said depended on what you were prepared to shove in....

What ever it does is a small price to pay eh?! We can never achieve pain free after a while but to have it inside a manageable level.....

IT'S WONDERFUL!!

I am even sleeping .... Alba said crossly.... She was a bit miffed this morning but at least now she is also eating solids so the late bottle was ok... I couldn't have done it before the month mark.... ( Sorry this should be in the blog really but I so rarely have good news and you lot have been there and helped me so much I just want to share it with you)

Sal I hope your doing ok and nice to see you. Tea and a special I hope its helping draft ((((( ))))) xx

Val thank you for the email... i am bit better today flower, been talking about Ben and slowly getting used to the idea I did do the right thing even though he was having a good day friday.... It was the first for at least 4 days.... Tea and a hope your ok as well flower? xx

Hileena Its been a long time coming eh? I really have had the cutting in half for so long and its been hell. Well you know that but the oxy's help and help well and to be able to take them... I cant tell you how good it feels to not have that cutting in half. Tea i the special mug and sorry i am all behind on the forums again... I just had such a bad week but will make up for it xx

Barbara Flower I think my fet are off the ground a bit but that will ease as the pregabs and the oxy's work together more .... I still have pain but its so much better than it was and for that... You know I was starting to think Ben had the better deal.... But it was his grave that made me chance it so the poor lad did me the best favour he ever gave me..... I do miss him you know.

The slurpy ones send her very special best slurp and ((((( ))))) for me xx

Ruby for a while now I have looked so drawn and old.... I still look old but the drawn look has gone.... too much pain is so bad for us isn't it? I hope you get a better day tomorrow and leaving tea and a ((((( ))))) xx

Jane we get don't always get the right drugs but for once I have got what I needed :D I hope you ok and leaving you a bit of saffron and cream as well as a good day draft for the morning xx

Fols Floating may not quite cover this.... I have taken the 20mg slow release and have had the 5mg quick release as well today.... but least it works :D I hope your ok and will catch up on the forum before Alba's next bottle xx

Phoebe It's been a rough patch for so long now and I had a fall a couple of weeks ago and that didn't help to say the least. I am so relived that the cutting in half can be taken down a few notches and its so good to be able to sleep and not wake in agony :D I hope you doing ok and leaving a ((((( ))))) and a hope xx

Nesia I never thorught it would happen and its juts so good but I am sleeping for the UK juts now.... that should even out eh? Hope your ok and you don;t escape the ((((( ))))) as well :wink: xx

Joanne Tis good to see you flower and I have been bad at answering your pm back along but I do often think of you. Hope yu and the family are al ok and leaving you tea and a ((((( ))))) xx

Elna its just so good to be able to take the things that help and not be sick.... Feeling a bit weird on them but the cutting in half is worse! You answer when your ready and there is not such thing as a late pm! Love ((((( ))))) tea and we both need an anti fall draft eh?! xx

DD I have been so down and half of that is pain..... You know what happened to make me risk all the oxy's but I have done it today as well and they so help! Things have been hard for us both of late but maybe we can find the cornr and get back to being us again? I hope I have and I so hope you find some decent bit and less pain as well. Tea, a ((((( ))))) and a hope xx

Suzy It has been a long time eh? So good to be able to say things are okish for a change..... A ((((( ))))) and a hope your ok flower? Better leave a sachet for Izzy as well eh?! She will be expecting it for sure :wink: xx

Daylilly hey so good to see you and hope things are okish for you as well? Its been a long haul this time and well its juts nice to not have the degree of pain I have been having :D So hope you are ok and really is nice to see you. ((((( ))))) and hopes xx

I Yep we have had 2 days of bad weather.... maybe tomorrow the sun will rememberer to come out?! Its raining again now as well.....

Bout time the mtx stopped mating me sick.. thats 3 years worth :roll:

Sending you a manky drake, Sid and also Flo if she doesn't start to behave better :lol::lol: Sorry about the side effects of being a bit stoned but I have taken the biggest hit I can cus I am so sick of pain :lol::lol: Hope I am making some kind of sense as the eyes are shot as well just now.... hey shame they don;t have a wonder drug eh?! You hang in there and leaving the lads, Flo as like as not and a ((((( ))))) xx

Rose thanks for the distraction my friend.... it always help to be eh? Hope you get a good night ((((( ))))) tea and saffron xx

Petals I am still only on the 20 slow release and the 10 quick release so they can up it a lot as I need.... that's what has lifted me the most I think to know that I wont have to spend the next x numbers of years feeling sawn in half. Its just so good and I will adjust mentally to them in time eh?! Nice to see yo and hope your doing okish? ((((( ))))) and a cuppa xx

Right I again do thank you all for your help of late.... I don;t know how I would survive without your help sometimes.... I promise to do better and well buckets of tea, another vat of hopes and I shall go find Albad's (Iris's nick name for her when she is a monster) bottle and sleep. I had forgotten how good sleep is actually.... Love to you all and off to see the fairies I think?! Your all invited by the way :lol::lol: xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    well, that's lovely mi dear.. It's about time too.
    I'm very very happy for you luv..
    :D:wink:
    Now get down from that ceiling lol
    Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    Hey Tony its nice up here, pull up a char and have a cuppa eh?! :lol::lol:

Your about late.... I hope your ok and leaving you a ((((( ))))), a cuppa and a big cuddle for the dope. manly hugs them was :wink: xx
  • tjt6768
    Hi hun. Yeah, can't sleep.. Lots of crap on my mind.. As you know hun.
    Tried to sleep but bloody legs won't allow it.... Pain pain pain.. You know the score. Now pass the pills and let me join you up yonder dizzy heights :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    Oh Tony nights with pain are hell I know.....

I know they use the oxy's for knee pain and I promise you they do work.... Might be worth asking but the junk in the head is more likely to be what's keeping you awake.

You hang in there and have dragged a sofa up here now so you can nap or be swiped with the forums lump hammer....

Sending you ((((( ))))) and a hope that you can get off soon. Tea and a go to sleep draft xx

Shall go do the monster's last bottle... can you hold the torch please?
  • tjt6768
    torch firmly in hand mi dear.. When you get back up here use that hammer on mi noggin will you?
    Thanks hun..

I will mention the oxy's at the docs next time I go. I'm almost weaned off the fentanyl patches now, once they're gone all I'll be left with is the diclofenac.. They don't really do much for me plus the stomach doc wanted me to stop them, everyone seems to be wanting me to stop something or other lol..
    You take it easy hun..

I'm gonna try sleep again soon..
    Night night mi dear :D
    Yorkshire Blokey hugs, tetley tea and a heap of whiskers from Ra
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    Hi Tony,

The oxy's do work.... I had a long chat about them cus of the sickness... I was auditioning for a part in the exorcist it was that bad!

they said they are stronger than morphine so they should work for all pain? They are controlled so I guess they are addictive but I don't look for them even though I have been on both the oxynorm and the oxycotin for a while now....

Worth mentioning Tony cus they help no end and your knee pain needs sorting! Hey have they ever mentioned a TKR? I guess they will say your too young.... but Tony that's riot true and the qualify of life issue is on your side.

Right come on then lets go feed the monster.... xx
  • tjt6768
    the surgeon discussed new knees after the last arthroscopy failed to help the pain. Then he said that he wanted the rheumy to get the inflammatory arthur under control first in case it was inflammation pain. I'm quite sure it isn't although the knees do sometimes swell a little. The pain is the same I've had for thirty yrs now and that's osteo..
    I have to wait onto until the rheumy has sorted me out before I can go back though :roll:
    I'm hoping in the meantime the pain clinic will get this pulse radio frequency thing on the knees and radio lesion therapy on the spine sorted... They do liked to make you wait eh?
    As for the oxy being strong, that's like the fentanyl, meant to be much stronger than morphine without as many side effects, it's true, I've had very little side effects from them and was on a pretty high dose at one point. I've had a bit of withdrawal cutting down though..
    Oh well... We will have to see what happens eh?
    Right hun. I'm logging off now so plenty of Blokey hugs down the airways..

Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP