UPDATE

Options
soraya
soraya Member Posts: 108
edited 18. May 2012, 10:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone this is prob gona end up being a moan, i am now on morphine slow release twice a day and they are very slow so taking paracetamol aswell so will have to go back to doc, i am now experiencing excruciation with my back first thing in the morning and can hardly move, am due to see consult on 18may so hopefully get some other meds as they had to take me off methotraxate (sorry i know ive spelt it wrong) so only on napraxen and morphine and diazapem at mo, and have also had that awfull form from ESA with view to a medical which im not looking forward to in the slighest, anyway moan is over :) i hope this finds all my friends feeling good and if not good bearable hugs :roll:

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Soraya,

I am sorry your feeling so much pain and so sympathise as that's how I start the day as well... its no joke is it? They put me on the oxycotin slow release and the oxynorm for the break through pain instead of the morphine as I can;t take morphine too well.

Its gets me moving better first thing and luckily it gets freer as the day goes on.

I so hope your consultant can help you and its not too long to wait now so hang in there and I so hope tomorrow will be kind to you.

Don't forget we do half decent pocket duties and will be in your pocket for the 18th. Leaving a cyber ((( ))) and nice to see you but wish it was easier for you. Cris x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hi Soroya..
    Really hope that the appointment is a good one.. Will report for pocket duties on the day of course :D
    Best wishes :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thinking of you,don`t worry about moaning it`s goog for you.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Soraya,
    I do wish I could help in some way, but you know we are here to listen, and like mig says it is good to get things out.
    I do wish you well with your appointment, please let us know how it goes ((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Dear Soraya

it was lovely to see you posting.

So sorry though that things are not good for you at the moment :( l hope you can hang on in there until 18th May. It's just over two weeks away.

Then fingers crossed they have a suggestion or two for you.

Love and hugs

(and l am ok thank you)

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You are having a rough time aren't you? Rest assured however that you are not alone in that - there are a fair few of us also going through the mill. :wink: I'm sorry that the slow-release trammies are not working miracles for you - I find that they blunt more of an edge than the coc-os but that's as far as it goes. Let us know what your consultant says on your next visit, I hope they can come up with something better for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • soraya
    Options
    Thank you to you all for your replys it gives you reassurance your not alone, and the pocket duties will be so appreciated, so next friday i will let you know how im getting on and how it went, wishing you all well with big gentle hugs to those who need it god bless you all ((( ))) :)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey soraya, I'm so sorry the slow release morphine isn't helping at mo. You may need to ask GP for an increase in dose. I'm on M.S.T (slow release Morphine) and it did take a while to get the doseage right to suit me, so don't give up on it yet. And I feel for you having to go through the hell of ESA, it's the last thing you need. Good luck on the 18th with appt, please remind us a couple of days before for pocket duties as my brain is terrible!! Don't worry about having a moan we all need one now and again!
  • soraya
    Options
    To all of you that know im at hospital tomorrow ten fifthteen am and am hoping for something to help put this into remission meth didnt work so have had three months with nothing but painkillers so fingers crossed will let you all know tomorrow evening hope this finds you all well if not gentle hugs ((( ))) soraya x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wish you well, Soraya. A long while ago I also had a time without meds and, although it wasn't fun at the time, I now realise I learned a great deal about LWA. I hope their next suggestion is better suited to you and that you gain some long-lasting relief from it all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • soraya
    Options
    Well i went to hospital today and at last they saw my mitchelin woman ankles and felt the heat from them hooray not just in my head and they have now given me SULFASLAZINE im to take 4 every day and go and get regular blood tests so am hoping for so relief and they also gave me another blood test for the inflammation so fingers crossed this actually works although she did mention an injection in the rear and injections in the joints also if this dosent work so time to be a lab rat again and hopefully this helps , thank you for your pocket duties it helped an awful lot love to you all feeling slighty more positive Soraya :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Soraya
    I am so pleased that you had a good appointment..its not much to ask is it, and I really do wish you well with the sulfa, has for the injections in the bum, there are quite a few had those on here and have had really good results, I think that Ichabods was one of them...you take care and I hope you get some relief very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara