Eaton Socon May Celebration, Cambridgeshire

Options
Annah
Annah Member Posts: 92
edited 3. May 2012, 12:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello Everyone,
just in case anyone who lives near us hasn't heard, we have our annual May Celebration in the village of Eaton Socon, on Monday, 7th May (May Day Bank Holiday) on the village green (Great North Road - you can't miss it).

The May Fair is one of the only traditional May celebrations in existence in England, and goes back hundreds of years. We have Maypole dancing, local bands, 40+ charity stalls and games, a barbeque, a local history exhibition in the church hall and the traditional crowning of the May Queen and her princesses (children elected from the local area).

Arthritis Care will be there, for the second year running, with our popular 'Name the Bear for Arthritis Care' stall. We also have a ping-pong game, Castle Pong with some fabulous, soft toy prizes. And of course we will be providing the usual support information about AC and our amazing helpline.

We're just off the A1, so its really easy to get to and you've no excuse if you're in the area. Drop by and say hello! Or even try to win a bear.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sound great but to far..
    Wishing you all the best though :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Annah, thank you for the heads up about your event. I hope the weather flaming well behaves and if I was in a better state I would make the effort to get there but as long-range driving is currently not an option I won't be able. I will keep my fingers crossed for a good turn-out and a successful day for you all and please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben