New girl on the Block

Options
anita62
anita62 Member Posts: 14
edited 3. May 2012, 15:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi there to u all this is my first time that i've been on this chit chat and i'min need of some advise on 1 what the best plants to have in my new rockery as im not able to get down to it to much. i really do enjoy my garden and my OH is doing all the hard work such as the new decking we are havin and shed, I really want my garden finished and looking great as in August it's my 5oth and we are planning a big b/party with BBQ. So i would really love any ideas. Thanks to all who can help me :lol:
As you all might of guessed i am new to this. Last thing who hidden the Sun :cry:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there Anita

lovely to meet you :)

I haven't got the sun l'm sorry not responsible :lol:

aubretias are always a good failsafe, and campanula (you can get both in different colours so could add extra interest that way??? dianthus and lampranthus too. What about some ornamental grasses to add some height???

What a lovely idea and bless your OH - you get the fun part eh?!

Love

toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Not to good on garden unless you can eat it or smoke it, I'm a dab hand at Chilli growing though!. Oh as for the Sun will someone turn that dam tap off!.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi, I'm afraid all I can grow is stubble :shock:
    And contrary to anything Mellman would tell you, I dint nick the sunshine lol

Do we get invites? :D:D
    One thing I can do ok is eat chicken :lol:

Welcome aboard the crazy arthritic train :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh yes you did you Northern loony now give it back ya tea leaf!.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I'll stick it where the sun DON'T shine in a minute ya soft southerner haha..

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    We often stick some alpines in ours, especially on the cold side. I'm not sure what's good for august. We used to have a lovely little heliotrope which bloomed lateish. Some sort of chippings or bark are good for keeping weeds down.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • anita62
    anita62 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    :D Thanks for the replys and i have taken note of the names as all i no about plants is the pretty 1's not the names, well the reason for the sun gone is not that u should be reminded is "IT'S A BANK HOLIDAY" weekend,
    Well im off to a friends for the w/end so will start garden again tuesday,
    Thanks again and as for invites in August then just come on down, and see my beautiful garden. :D:mrgreen:
    oh 1 last thing how do i get the cool dancing moving thingies :roll:
  • mellman01
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    I'll stick it where the sun DON'T shine in a minute ya soft southerner haha..

:D

I'll take that as a no then Tony!, and me being all soft and southern like I'm not going to argue with you even though your fecking miles away as I have it on good authority that you can punch people in the face from down the phone, now that's ARD!.
    Hey did I tell you I'm now going into growing rice out the back, well it's as wet as a paddy field so why the hell not?, even my fish have drowned in our pond it's that wet here!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    anita62 wrote:
    :D Thanks for the replys on down, and see my beautiful garden. :D:mrgreen:
    oh 1 last thing how do i get the cool dancing moving thingies :roll:
    the smilies are from a site called Cosgan http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php?wahl=13&ziel=nahrung Anita.

Love

Toni xxx