if your into photography you'll love this!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 4. May 2012, 05:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Found this guy in the national Geographic magazine, he does close up photography of insects etc his work on jumping spiders is amazing.

http://thomasshahan.com/photos

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    are they real some of them look lovely but so long as they not near me lol val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    blimey they are stunning..to think I was sat in my garden for an hour trying to get a pic of a bumble bee on a flower..... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Val and Barabra yes they're real he uses a high definition camera to take them or so it says in the N G mag I've got.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    great photos Mell..
    I've love to be able to catch pictures that detailed.. I do love playing with the macro settings on mi phone and camera.. Can get some really good detailed shots
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    Options
    I can't see you tsaking pictures unless your beating the c**p out of some poor old southern poof types and want to put the results of your handy work on U tube you ard nothern monkey!.
    Joking apart they are good, I love jumping spiders get the black and white ones round here or am I getting confused with those black and white minstrel chaps who use to be on telly way back in the 1970's??, actually while were on the subject what was it with them?, I didn't get it then and I don't get it now, it's just to strange for words if you ask me.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Have you noticed that some of the insects seem to have strange expressions on their faces? The female jumping spider ( bottom row ) looks a bit bemused and disapproving....perhaps she's not impressed by the male of the species.
    The Wolf spider (3rd row ) has a smile on its face, and the female striped horse fly seems to be wearing some jazzy striped sunglasses. :D
    They all look like aliens from another planet.

Incredible photos, so thanks for posting them, Mell.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    What big eyes they have. I dont want em near me. I was expecting nice cute animals country side.
    Joanne
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh suncatcher there lovely looking little devils, I love the way they look, the Symmetry is stunning, remember their really small, you can see them on walls hunting round here in the summer, if you put your finger near them they jump on and of it, they're soooo cute, I love em.