Bee update

Options
katknapp
katknapp Member Posts: 709
edited 14. May 2012, 12:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
well as most of you know we have had bee's nesting in a birdbox in our garden,...i finally found someone to take them away,making sure they would not be killed,The gentleman had honey bees so he was going to put them in a tree and let them get on with their little lives..They actually turned out to be rare tree bee's :o so we have told the bumbelbee conservation where they are,so glad we managed to save them :)

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    at least you know know they can carry on being buzzy little bees in peace and you dont have to worry about them bothering you in the summer. glad you managed to save them, :D
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Good show!, you've managed to find them a new home instead of killing them as many would do, so for doing so you get the Mellman Platinum conservation award 1st class for doing that, it's the little things that effect us most and bees are top of the list, we can't live without them, but they could without us.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Well done, KatKnapp! What a lovely ending to a problem! I'm so pleased you had the patience and thoughtfulness to solve it in a way that benefitted all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That's really good news Katknapp, well done to you!
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    Thank you for my award mellman lol,im rather proud of myself too! they have been re-homed in a tree where they seem to be very happy,i was sent a picture of them there must have been over a 100 in that tiny birdbox :o
  • broms
    broms Member Posts: 24
    Options
    NBIce one Katnap - I keep bees (have five hives) and its one of the best things i ever did to get involved with them. Fascinating hobby.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Well done Kat and am sure they will take well to their new home. Glad you did the find someone route rather than the exterminates. Cris x