Food adds.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 11. May 2012, 04:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
My God who in their right mind would allow them to eat or worse even feed cheese string to their kids, the adverts are obviously aimed at urban numpties, I've seen it in the packet and it looks flippin dreadful gunk. syntocheese, it's never been anywhere near a cow!. And what about the new uses the add men have come up with for Philadelphia?, ye Gods it looks like cat wommit, and putting it on chicken just doesn't fell right to me.
And what’s with the new OXO add, I’m not a brilliant cook but I get by, all I know is I wouldn’t use it the way they do, that said I don’t know anyone who would use beef stock for stir fry anyway and certainly not in the amount the chap does, is he trying to give them both kidney stones and hypertension??.

Comments

• sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Calm down dear....it's only a commercial. Has that vision of ruddy faced, slack jawed, tuber tummied, white haired, growth of a smug m*th*r fu*ker got to you yet??!!!
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Mell..this is second advert post...have you stopped watching programmes and watching adverts instead? - suppose you can take ages making a brew then?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Mell

l am getting a bit worried about you too like oneday....you need to watch less TV!! :wink: get the yeast out instead

The advert about OXo it's not the one with the poor cow, (might be a bull) dancing about is it??

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    It's day time TV, it's so s***e the adds are more interesting and now I'm totally brain washed by them and it's making me head hurt all the time!. simples!. who said that??.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    It's day time TV, it's so s***e the adds are more interesting and now I'm totally brain washed by them and it's making me head hurt all the time!. simples!. who said that??.
    You'll be running out to the shops in your sleep soon, buying all kinds of crap, PPI protection, a fat jowelly dog saying "Oh yess", wimmins 'products', a fiat 500 and some burnt crisps :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Annah
    Annah Member Posts: 92
    Options
    FWIW cheese strings are made by heat treating cheese until it goes all stringy - I saw that program on BBC2 a while back, where they made all sorts of processed food in this barn ('Jimmy's Food Factory or something like that).

Anyway, cheese strings were not particularly processed or 'chemically', which surprised me. And they are a good source of calcium for kids, and do not rot teeth. They do taste nasty though, I'll grant you.

OTOH some apparently innocent, wholesome foods are, such as the disgustingness that is commercially bought cakes.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Wow Annah

l just learnt sumfin new :shock:

OTOH - on the other hand :D

Proud of mesself :wink:

Love

toni xxx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Yeah me too cheers for that info just goes to show you can't tell by looking at it!, well I always tell the wife that!! :o

Oh yeah Tony I also seem to be purchasing more and more items from QVC these days, I need none of it but it's sooooooo cheap!!.