All Inclusive Holidays - those of you with young children

Options
sugarbuttie
sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
edited 14. May 2012, 10:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
A friend of mine swears by all-inclusive holidays with young children as yoiu get such good value for money.

Do any of you mums/dads of young kiddies have any experience of this sort of holiday and do you have any tips/recommendations.

In an ideal world, hubby & would be jetting off to far flung parts BUT
a) we have 2 small children
b) we are on a very modest income & have saved up all year for a holiday
c) I get tired easily

I know a holiday abroad might a far cry for some people reading this. I am lucky enough to be able to work (plus my hubby does too) & therefore pay for a little holiday for my family.

Any tips welcome xx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am currently trying to sort a good deal for a holiday (with 3 not too small children). We have family with property in Spain and usually we go free accommodation, with its own pool , but honestly it is just too much hassle.

Tiredness is my big problem too. We are thinking of Disneyland Paris, maybe Florida, with me staying at the hotel to take over from OH who will take them round the park during the day.

I've come across a few good deals (not Disneyland Paris). I'll try and post some links.

How young are your children as a lot of package holidays have kids travel free. Do you want a club that will keep them occupied while you have a much needed rest?

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Hi

Check out the Holiday Villages by First Choice. They are geared towards families, got kids clubs and are in Turkey, Spain, Rhodes, there are other places too!

They have free kids places but if the one you want to go doesn't show them, kep checking daily, as they change them & prices all the time. I have been to them & the complexes are safe, put the kids in club when you need to rest! Great!

Janie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi i am going on sat do not have children but benidorm or majorca not to long flights prices can be good euro at 3 year low so you get more for your money we paid £756 for the two of us all inc have not pre booked seats and never do plane food eat at airport and when we arrive have transfurs included cheeper than b&b here and will be warmer usually have pools and childrens clubs worth going they often have childrens menue in dining rooms so would say go for it val
    val
  • tkachev
    Options
    Have a look at MoneySavingExpert.com
    holiday deals, Bargains & special offers board.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    Elizabeth if you are thinking of florida please dont think you wont be able to do the parks, they are not only very family friendly they are disabled friendly too. enquire ahead of booking but we were made so welcome and recieved so much help, even got driven around on golf carts to some parts, worth looking into to see what is available now. we hired a wheel chair/buggy for the day at one park and had no trouble getting around. good luck

i have a friend who always does all inclusive with her kids, she swears by them. hope you find something, kids clubs are a great idea also.
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 286
    Options
    ive just got back from ibiza at a 4 star hotel all inclusive.
    went last october for a long weekend and enjoyed it so much we booked a week this time.
    i went with my god daughter whos 12 and her 16 year old sister and their parents.
    we stayed at the tropic gardens in santa eulalia which is the quieter side of the island away from the 24 hour party people.
    i live in london and they live in bournmouth.
    we flew from bournmouth airport with ryanair and the flights were £26 but then youve got the 15kg baggage at £30 and then £10 online booking fee (crafty buggers as you can only book online).
    i had a single supliment and it was £454 and theirs was just over £200 each
    (it was worth it for me as i drank the bar dry so got my moneys worth).
    massive selection of food 3 times a day and also snack food at the pool bar.
    young kids entertainment was good but adults entertainment was dire (actualy it was so bad it was good).

certainly worth a look.

tropic garden > http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g642208-d566736-Reviews-Tropic_Garden_Aparthotel-Santa_Eulalia_del_Rio_Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.html

travel republic > http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/
  • tkachev
    Options
    coco67 wrote:
    Elizabeth if you are thinking of florida please dont think you wont be able to do the parks, they are not only very family friendly they are disabled friendly too. enquire ahead of booking but we were made so welcome and recieved so much help, even got driven around on golf carts to some parts, worth looking into to see what is available now. we hired a wheel chair/buggy for the day at one park and had no trouble getting around. good luck

i have a friend who always does all inclusive with her kids, she swears by them. hope you find something, kids clubs are a great idea also.

Thank you Coco. Sorry only just seen this post :oops: I must admit to being apprehensive about all the standing and walking.

E :D

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 286
    Options
    ive done florida 3 times now and loved it. was on crutches at the time but as long as youve got an abled bodied person with you then just hire a wheel chair or even an electric scooter and you get to beat the queues.
    the staff in america sure do know how to look after disabled guests.