chit chat

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 9. May 2012, 15:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
i love chit chat it gives me a chance to forget arther for a bit to learn loads of new things (some go over my head) but it is good to learn and to laugh i have made loads of friends who help me through the bad times i know lots of people just use lwa but i sometimes find it over whelming on there so long live chit chat val
val

Comments

• valval
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    i love chit chat it gives me a chance to forget arther for a bit to learn loads of new things (some go over my head) but it is good to learn and to laugh i have made loads of friends who help me through the bad times i know lots of people just use lwa but i sometimes find it over whelming on there so long live chit chat val

Oh Val you make me titter, CC is ok but a little bland and fluffy? :D

well perhaps it time for one of your storys then
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I agree, val. There are times when only CC will do and a laugh is what's needed - even a fluffy laugh :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Nah! Those days are done, it's all far too pc on here now, someone will always take Offence . A spelling mistake, incorrect grammar, a slightly risqué word or phrase can be enough to give one of the fragile an attack of the vapours that can only be alleviated by furiously stabbing the report button

Ah, such a shame, Len. :cry: For those of us who are NOT of a fragile/ nervous disposition, your stories and posts have provided us with endless fun and laughter. It's not the same without them. And where can we go when we feel like having a good grump now? I'm getting grumpier by the minute!
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    i to miss the grump thread but it did cause rehab problems when people took offence did love trying to get a 10 and seeing what reply would be lol always made me laugh
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Fraglie is everywhere, I even managed to get thrown of sagazone due to the limp wristed brigade who can't handel the truth and or hard cold reality, were to cotton wool now God help us if this nation needed to survive another none nuclear world war, we wouldn't last 5 muinute. We're far to appeasing and convivial to those who live amongst us taking full advantage of our democratic tolerance and generous health and benefits system and the state act as if they are really scared to upset them in anyway, Churchill had it bang on when he said and I quote.
    “Appeasement is feeding a crocodile with the hope that it will eat you last”, these days it’s A Qaeda and their followers that are the crocodile and boy do we know how to feed those of them that are here.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I am intrigued! What is or was the Grump Thread?
    It sounds like something I could excel at!!
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It was just as you'd imagine. We all contributed grumps and they were marked out of 10. It was all innocent enough but there are indeed some fragile egos about and I guess they spoilt things for the rest. Mind you, if Joan's getting grumpy :shock: maybe drastic action is needed and a grump dump should be resurrected - all in the best possible taste, of course :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    It was just as you'd imagine. We all contributed grumps and they were marked out of 10. It was all innocent enough but there are indeed some fragile egos about and I guess they spoilt things for the rest. Mind you, if Joan's getting grumpy :shock: maybe drastic action is needed and a grump dump should be resurrected - all in the best possible taste, of course :wink:
    Shall we risk it? ..... :o

yes with disclamer that those with fragile egos should not look
    val
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Go for it please!!!
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Shall we risk it? ..... :o

I shall say nothing. OK I'll say I'd love to see it resurrected but rehab took most of the flak and I really wouldn't want to see him in the firing line again.
    Steven Wright
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hey up rehab,

You just cant keep away can you?
    Do you want an assistant? Flak has never
    harmed or even concerned me.
    Come on lad. You must agree - what ever
    the fragile egos that flutter around - this is
    a far better group than the insular old sods
    on saga.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    someone will always take Offence . A spelling mistake, incorrect grammar, a slightly risqué word or phrase can be enough to give one of the fragile an attack of the vapours that can only be alleviated by furiously stabbing the report button :lol:

Would a vaporising button help to vaporise those with the vapours? I'm also stockpiling flak jackets, Ichabod, just in case.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Thank the Gods :D
    Never give up the fight Len... Those offended easily, take note... Don't read it, simples :wink::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    I'm scared now!!
    Not because I'm easily offended, or even ever offended. But in case I'm whiny or wimpy. Also I'm not sure if I offered sexual flavours, or worse still money!
    And I can't read latin so might miss the fun.
    Anyway I wait with bated breath!
    Numpty
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Now I know what I promised. I must stop doing that!
    Numpty
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    this sounds like it might be lively............can novices join in? ;-)
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Sorry, no nuns.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Oh ok then! The offers of sexual flavours and money have persuaded me, so standby for the Summer Post a Grump Thread.

Fragiles and Fluffies: the report button at the bottom left works with just one click, furious stabbing will not make it work any faster.

Mods: sharpen your blue pencils, update your on line dictionary, thesaurus, and Wikipedia, I might use big words and some Latin.

For the normals : get your grumps ready, not whines or whimps. Do not burst into tears when you receive Nul punkte which no doubt you will. The usual rule will apply to those outstanding and rare grumps that are awarded a 10 i.e a Gold, all areas Pass.

The thread will be posted tonight. LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Well, I'm not a fragile or a fluffy or a Mod but I've never been called normal before. However, I'll soon wipe that grin off Mr SW's face.

Now, Numpty, whatever you suggested to rehab, whether knowingly or unknowingly, I think should be posted on one of the exercise threads as it sounds much more interesting than boring stuff I do.

My breath is bated - in latin if necessary.
    Steven Wright
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    When is the summer grump thread to start without a summer looking like its going to happen? (this could be classed as a start up grump)
  • valval
    Options
    yay can not wait now what shall i grump about first
    1 the weather
    2 forum not being available
    3 the queens speach
    4 forms for disabilitys
    better make it good or will be 0/10 again and naughty step with del again
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    haa haa the moving fly is back......reassuring!