I'm new here

Jellies
Jellies Member Posts: 3
edited 27. May 2012, 10:55 in Say Hello Archive
hello,
I'm 44 with 6 children, 25,23,19 & 11,6,5 I've recently been told I've got early onset Osteoarthritis in my knees, thumbs & prob my feet, I've also been having problems with my wrists but doctor told me you can't get OA in them - it's probably tendinitis but my wrists are the ones hurting me the worst & my Mum had OA in her wrists, hips, knees.

Sorry to waffle on

Xx

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jellies, and welcome on board :D
    Wow, six kids :shock:

Lol

Sorry that you've had to find us and hope things aren't too bad at the minute..

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Jellies, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I think your GP may have given you some mis-information - if it's a joint it can be arthritic so it seems entirely reasonable to have it in your wrists, the same with ankles, jaw, toes and fingers as well as the 'better known' areas such as knees and hips. I began with one arthritic joint and now have 38 - I wonder what your GP would make of that? :wink: I have an auto-immune version and the damage of that has led to OA in my knees and ankles - it's a very different hurt to the other and at least I can still tell the difference! What sort of pain relief do you have? Some find help through the taking of supplements such as glucosamine etc but they don't work for everyone. I wish you well and I hope you find the forum to be informative as well as supportive. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Jellies

You been a busy busy Mum haven't you :D l hope some of the kids are still at home and helping you out a bit. I'm sure they are.

I am sorry l am so late on to welcome you :oops:

As far as the arthritis goes maybe it would be an idea to ask for some Xrays - they shouldn't cost the GP too much :wink: on those wrists, which should help with the diagnosis.

there are several folks on here who have had OA very young so you are not alone.

Love

Toni xx