eurovision song

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 29. May 2012, 09:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has any one heard englethingies song for the contest?,well thats us last again. :roll: Mig

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's bloody awful they've coppied the tune from time in a bottle and stuffed this old duffer up front to warble the new crap lyrics out, why do we do this kind of pap, it's either this or some inner city urban hip hop youf doin a bad version of M&M, they even used the same pap at the end of the last Olympics a black Nelson running around on top of a double decker what was all that about, did them mean it to be Nelson Mandela and just got confused? , it's dreadful you'd think this country was just one big urban ghetto with the odd OAP home thrown in for the grey vote by the way we project ourselves to the world, I don't know if I should laugh or cry?.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    It's bloomin aweful! It's like been shoved in the delorian from back to the future and sent back to 19 73!! We need a song that's with the times and a decent singer! Your right I feel a bet coming on for England to get Nil points in the eurovision! And now I'm dreading the Olymipic's opening ceremony!!!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I think it's a lovely song and I shall sing it to you all now :lol::lol:

z001.gif

Whoops sounds gone! :shock:

I do like it though but maybe I'm on my own? :roll:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I've never watched the eurovision gong contest.. Not even as a kid when mi folks used to get all excited about it...
    I gather that we have ingelbert dumpertruck singing some tripe this yr :roll: Can't we get Adele or someone similar?

My gay pals love it, been known to have euro song parties :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Radio two play it a lot but of course since Terry stopped doing eurovision and as much as I love Graham Norton, he's not got the one liners Tez used to have on the commentary...The song is fine but eurovision is so random and as Jedward did well last year, who knows? We wont win, its all political but amusing to watch too...

Elainex
    mig wrote:
    Has any one heard englethingies song for the contest?,well thats us last again. :roll: Mig
  • mig
    Options
    Told you so,when are we going to get some-one decent on.?Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Poor Britain when will we ever learn?

I didn't watch it, and I don't know what position we came, but I gather it wasn't good.

Love Julie PF XX
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I agree with Julie..we have no chance of getting votes...I do love our humpadink and he is such a lovely man when interviewed...but the song was awful...I can see the end in sight.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    It wouldnt matter who represented us we still would come in like the cow's tail year after year....So political isnt it? Why do we even bother entering?
    In the same frame of mind all these countries we have helped out of sticky situations with wars, finance dont return the favour do they?..
    Never mind it was funny and that albanian woman was off her flipping rocker!!!...LA LA ....!!!

Elainex
  • creakyowl
    creakyowl Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I didn't watch it, have no idea quite how badly we did, (assume it was bad!) but used to love the political voting when I did watch it and also gave up when Wogan did.

Does anyone remember the year he misjudged his alcohol intake? That was the best ever. :lol:

How come the whole of Europe won't vote for us yet they mostly all want to live here??
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Creaky, welcome to the forum. I didn't watch it (I never do) and have somehow managed to get to 18.48pm on Sunday without knowing who won and I care not. :wink: In my view it's a ghastly, puerile and pointless competition. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • creakyowl
    Options
    Hi DD

I have to confess I used to post a lot some years ago under a different name. I have frequented the Cane and Abel and been down various crazy cul de sacs with rehab.

I'm from your neck of the woods (East Anglia, more specifically Norwich). I have RA+a bit of lupus, a bit of mixed connective tissue disease, Sjorgren's, you name it!

I have continued to look in and out regularly but stopped posting after some previous unpleasant comments towards some other posters, not me though. I was disgusted by some people especially towards someone who clearly had a lot of mental health issues.

I read an exchange between rehab and someone recently though that made me laugh so much I was motivated to return.

Creaky
  • creakyowl
    Options
    Count me in. Always looking for adventure to distract from arthur!!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    creakyowl wrote:
    Count me in. Always looking for adventure to distract from arthur!!

well give us a clue and why the change of name???? welcome back val
    val
  • creakyowl
    Options
    I was kazpaz.

Why the change of name? Impulse. Reinvention. Couldn't remember how to log in with the old name. A new beginning.

I have been through 3 lifetimes since those days with ever-changing arthur. I've had loads of things repaired and reconstructed surgically and don't they say, a change is as good as a rest.

Never fear, rehab has pm'd me already, intrigued as to who I am/was.

I have no idea myself. Answers on a postcard would be welcome. :lol:

I love your posts Valval. I look forward to getting back to the joys of the forum.

Best wishes and thanks for the hello

creaky
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Sorry i did not watch it , he was supposed to have worn his lucky Elvis necklace :lol:

karen fowls
  • mig
    Options
    He`s not in the same class that Elvis was.Mig
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    mig wrote:
    He`s not in the same class that Elvis was.Mig

That's true Mig he should really be in a home these days!.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    He got turned down by social services not enough talent
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi

I can only hope that the exchange you read was humourous and not nice as sometimes things can be taken wrong way....If have read your message wrong sorry it sounded a bit vague...

Elainex
    creakyowl wrote:
    Hi DD

I have to confess I used to post a lot some years ago under a different name. I have frequented the Cane and Abel and been down various crazy cul de sacs with rehab.

I'm from your neck of the woods (East Anglia, more specifically Norwich). I have RA+a bit of lupus, a bit of mixed connective tissue disease, Sjorgren's, you name it!

I have continued to look in and out regularly but stopped posting after some previous unpleasant comments towards some other posters, not me though. I was disgusted by some people especially towards someone who clearly had a lot of mental health issues.

I read an exchange between rehab and someone recently though that made me laugh so much I was motivated to return.

Creaky