Here we go again..failed ESA MEDICAL

Options
sbolam
sbolam Member Posts: 374
edited 22. May 2012, 12:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just had a phone call from ESA informing my I was not successful in my claim for esa.

I get 6 points for not being able to walk further than 200 meters but yet again they have miss applied the rules on sitting and standing should have got 9 points for not being able to sit for more that 30 minutes. According to them I can do a combination of both sitting and standing in an hour..so Its back to the appeals we go..I am hoping that this time they will look at this again when I write my letter with all the things wrong with the report.

I have phoned my GP to get my sick note in as they have now stopped my money (****).

just waiting for the nice lady at dial to phone my back to arrange an appointment to help me with the appeal.

I am so peeved off its unreal.

they know the rules but they insist in making it as hard as they can just to be difficult I am sure of it.

rant over thanks for listening guys and gals.

stephen. :x :x :x
04_pain.jpg

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Stephen

this really does make me angry - so angry so often l am tired of it all :(

I bet dial and CAB are too.

I am sure you wont let it get you down as you WILL win at appeal because you ARE eligible.

Love

Toni xxx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Stephen

Aw no! And when i just read the title of your post I thought (and okay not good language) ****!!!! Have you been on phone right away and got the GL24 appeal form in? They shouldnt just stop money right away, what the hel can you live on fresh air??
    I cant understand why these so called porfessionals can rule out so many genuinely ill people and think that in this day and age there is jobs for us...What with the minister for disbaled people who is a disgrace closing REMPLOY, Maria Miller, this country is really getting it so wrong...
    Your rant is so justified, nice way to start the weekend huh? Im sorry this happened...FIGHT IT!!!

Elainex
    sbolam wrote:
    Just had a phone call from ESA informing my I was not successful in my claim for esa.

I get 6 points for not being able to walk further than 200 meters but yet again they have miss applied the rules on sitting and standing should have got 9 points for not being able to sit for more that 30 minutes. According to them I can do a combination of both sitting and standing in an hour..so Its back to the appeals we go..I am hoping that this time they will look at this again when I write my letter with all the things wrong with the report.

I have phoned my GP to get my sick note in as they have now stopped my money (****).

just waiting for the nice lady at dial to phone my back to arrange an appointment to help me with the appeal.

I am so peeved off its unreal.

they know the rules but they insist in making it as hard as they can just to be difficult I am sure of it.

rant over thanks for listening guys and gals.

stephen. :x :x :x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    So sorry.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Stephen
    I am sorry..and I am glad you called them bast**** because I was going to.You can both sit and stand in an hour...what the hell are you supposes to do hand stands....god they make me angry..I do wish you good luck with your appeal don't let them win we are all behind you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    edited 19. May 2012, 08:05
    Options
    Excuse me {Edited}. That's better.

Stephen get your MP involved. They can't change a decision but they sure can put a bloody rocket up the idiots backsides.

These idiots are making our already hard lives ten times worse. Good luck with your appeal hun and if there's anything I can do to help please pm me.

Hugs x
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Sorry it's not better news Stephen - makes me even more nervous - I went to same place, same nurse 3 weeks before you and still haven't received my decision. :?

Surely everyone who goes for a medical assessment is kept waiting for 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes assessment = 1 hour.
    Therefore every single person who goes for a medical has lost points before anything is even written down. :?
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    very sorry to hear this Stephen. I have never applied for ESA and after reading these posts I don't suppose I will ever bother. I expect that this is what they are aiming at and it is very sad and upsetting that people who are ill and already stressed have to go through this rigmarole time and time again. How do they sleep at nights it's sickening

very sorry Petals x
  • sbolam
    Options
    oh yes, I have told them i will be appealing so the form is on the way..but i cant really get my letter going until i get the full report from them.

I the bet that really makes me angry is the fact its a fail in the same thing as last time and it was over turned on appeal. they know the rules and they are just trying it on..it all seams a waste of money we as a country just does not have to waste on appeals that just not needed and can be erradicated by them simply by doing there job correct..the sad thing is tho ATOS get a bonus for everyone they fail and they get to keep it even if the client wins on appeal..and as for my MP I got him involved last time and he was a complete waste of space..he is nothing but a tory half wit..and not a one for swearing but i tell you the air was blue today and on top of that I have been on top of the world and this just is not helping.

It not getting me down its just the hassle of phone calls meetings writing letters more phone calls fit notes and so on its a real head ache when there are days you can just manage getting out of bed.

If it was not for the support I get from you guy and my fantastic partner I honestly dont know if I could deal with it all.

Its not about the right support going to the right people its about screwing over those who need it...and all this shouting from the roof tops about clamping down on fraud..there own figures show its less that 1/2 l
    of 1% yet 40% of all claims are being over turned on appeal. it just tells you what a bunch of lieing good for nothing butch of ****** this lot are.

stephen.
    04_pain.jpg
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Hi Stephen

l am glad you aren't letting it get you down, because it really does terrify and distress some people so much.

I am so glad you OH is a star too :)

It makes me angry as these appeals must cost money too.....a fair bit and the % of the TINY % who don't get it first time is so high that it is clear they can't do their jobs. As you say - trying it on.

Hey has your MP stayed the same your way after the elections?? Sorry if that's the case :(

Anyway l shall shut up now because l am thankful you have exactly the right amount of anger, strength, cynicism and determination to succeed A-bloomin-gain :D

Love

Toni xx
  • sbolam
    Options
    hi, yeah we still have the same MP..but we will get there, it may take 12 months (as the woman on the phone said but..they aint getting away with it.

stephen. x
    04_pain.jpg
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    I read threads like this and think...has the world gone MAD.
    I don't claim anything but am now extremely worried about my daughter.
    She is a postie and on Wednesday couldn't get out of bed.....she has AS.
    Her line manager has made her an appontment with OH.
    These are Atos.
    Shes not claiming anything but my thoughts are now running on the lines of maybe she will be told she can't do her job anymore so will eventually end up in the system.
    This is the first time she has been off work for this.
    I do wish you well with your appeal.....all these appeals will be costing more than if people were given the benefit in the first place....MAD.
    May
  • sbolam
    Options
    I there is a difference between a medical for your jOb and an ESA medical.
    04_pain.jpg
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Apologies.....but I've read such terrible things about ATOS and the day will surely come when my daughter will have to give this job up.
    Us mothers are born worriers.
    I wish you well with your appeal. May
  • sbolam
    Options
    sorry I did not mean to sound so short..what I ment to say was. that why a company asks atos to assess an employer its for there ability to do that particular job, were as an ESA medical assesses you to do any job.

hope this helps.

stephen
    04_pain.jpg
  • sbolam
    Options
    got my P45 in the post today..talk about rubbing salt into the wound..the ink is not even dry on the failer notice..you have to laff.

Got my appeals letter done, all four pages of it and I went to hand it in at the local office and they would not take it without a Fit/sick note..I nearly fell over..the poor fella on the desk was so sorry he had to tell me that I kinda felt sorry for him, He was like Yeah I know I know..like they are fed up with the whole system aswell.

stephen.
    04_pain.jpg