Alternative to TKR?

JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 21. May 2012, 17:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
A friend sent me this link,may be ofinterest to some members?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pioneering-knee-operation-hailed-095552494.html

Julia x

Comments

• diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    This seems quite encouraging although it is a bit late for my own knees,one done 3weeks ago other six months.Hopefully it may be of help to many people in the future.
  • JuliaHod12
    sadly too late for my old knees too diamond............but as you say, could be encouraging for the youngsters xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Julia

Doesnt it depend on how much degeneration ones knee has? I read with the unicompartmental it does so dont think this method would work for me....They do keep coming up with all sorts of treatments nowadays though dont they?

Hope youre okay?

Elainex
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    A friend sent me this link,may be ofinterest to some members?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pioneering-knee-operation-hailed-095552494.html

Julia x
  • JuliaHod12
    Hi Elaine

In the great scheme of things, i guess i mustnt grumble.......the knee's much the same and i cant wait for July 24th to roll round! I've taken to having the odd half day off work to recover as its all becoming a bit too much working full time.........i need to keep working to qualify for the BUPA private treatment and to ensure i am paid for my post Op recovery time. :-(
    How are you doing little lovely, I hope you havent had any more falls? xx

as to the new treatment;
    yes,i would imagine it does depend on the degree of degeneration......sadly no good for many of us on here.........but hopefully the idea will filter through that younger people beginning to show signs could be offered this treatment as an alternative to the long and hideously painful wait for TKR.

Julia x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    [as to the new treatment;
    yes,i would imagine it does depend on the degree of degeneration......sadly no good for many of us on here.........but hopefully the idea will filter through that younger people beginning to show signs could be offered this treatment as an alternative to the long and hideously painful wait for TKR.

Julia x[/quote]

Now Julia

That would be fabulous!! :D

Love

Toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Hi Julia

Well you know I think you do yourself proud working full time, many a person would have not done so but as you say the BUPA is spurring you on for post op treatment....I bet you cant wait in a way for 24th July to finally get things rolling...
    I havent had any more falls but have had near misses....
    Its still good to read about new treatments coming up as they may be of some benefit to somebody....

Elainex
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine

In the great scheme of things, i guess i mustnt grumble.......the knee's much the same and i cant wait for July 24th to roll round! I've taken to having the odd half day off work to recover as its all becoming a bit too much working full time.........i need to keep working to qualify for the BUPA private treatment and to ensure i am paid for my post Op recovery time. :-(
    How are you doing little lovely, I hope you havent had any more falls? xx

as to the new treatment;

Julia x