How long have you been coming on here for ?

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 23. May 2012, 15:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
From what I can remember, on and off about 5 years or so. First person to welcome me was Elna, a bit of a legend on here. How long for you. Alanthemanc

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I joined just over two years ago and I'm here every day apart from when the forum isn't working or I am somewhere without access. I log on when I'm resting between 'bursts' of what I like to call activity but others would call pottering. :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Are you still celebrating that City win, mate??? Just check on the usernames at the side of each post to see how long we've all been here :roll: I'm a newbie. (And a liar :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I been on here just over a year and i was first welcomed by DD..
    I have moments where i do go off for a few weeks, that usually due to a personal reason, but i try and support people where i can as i know i have received a great deal of support over the year..It's nice to be able to helpsupport others when need be..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hi Alanthemanc
    i've been on here 3 years every day i had 4 days off when i was in hospital having a tripple fusion on my foot.
    i'm so gratefull for everyone's friendship and help on here
    people are so kind and they understand what we are all going through.
    you have to have it to know it.
    take care all.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Mine is a year next month.Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I have been posting for nearly 2 years now but I will admit I have been a bit hit and miss these last few weeks.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    From what I can remember, on and off about 5 years or so. First person to welcome me was Elna, a bit of a legend on here. How long for you. Alanthemanc

Aw bless, was I? I believe the launch date of the forum was June 2006. So pleased I did not put you off, Alan! :lol: Yes, I probably joined in 2007 sometime, but obvously before you. :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    I have been posting for nearly 2 years now but I will admit I have been a bit hit and miss these last few weeks.

Hi Julie,

I will be in touch, promise! :) I too am not on the forum as much as I used to be. :wink::)

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    will be two yrs in October..
    The first three people that welcomed me were DD, Joan Lawson & Mellman.. Three leg-ends :lol:
    Made some great pals on here...
    :D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    only been on here 6months..
    don't always post but log on and read posts everyday..
    DD was the first one also to welcome and help me ..
    georgie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    a fair while l think coming up 4 years and Elna was first to welcome me too :D .

Bless her for supporting me and guiding me through the unwritten protocols :wink: things have changed a fair bit since then.

Alan l thought you had been here forever :wink:

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I joined in April 2008 but didn't post till August 2008.

I generally look in most days and only post if I think I can help or contribute in any way.

I've seen a lot of posters disappear, some people go and come back and new people come along all the time. There are many users I miss but nothing ever remains the same and new characters always emerge and make our forum family a rich one. :D

They say that most people don't stay on a forum longer than four years, due to waning interest or other commitments though some of our members have been here beyond that time ................looks like my time is up :shock: :wink::lol:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Stcky
    Yeh, just about recovering.
    Elna, wow, seems like yesterday,
    Frog, wow we must be bobbing on now, we seem to have been on here for years.
    Some old familier names cropping up, and of course the voice of reason D.D. Alanthemanc
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    I joint 7th May 2011 when I was at a very low time, so that's just over a year. have not been on a lot lately as been having internet problems on and off for a couple of months now but hopefully tha'ts now all sorted.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I've been coming on here for 2yrs & 2mnth! The time has just flown by, still feels like a couple of mnths not a couple of yrs!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    This thread set me thinking long and hard about who first 'talked' to me. I know tillytop was one of my early 'welcomers' as we joined at around about the same time, I think frogmorton spoke to me and skezier. Barbara12 wasn't far behind, and our lovely Dorcas too.

I always try to say hello to the latest recruits and I thank those who remembered I talked to them but Alan, mate, me the voice of reason? :shock: Now that shows you don't know me! :lol: Mind you, I have come up with one or two corking replies on some of your threads haven't I? I reckon my best to date was on the one about politicians and religion. Dunno where it came from but it was a cracker! DD
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    D.D
    :D:D
    A sort of female Henry Kissenger, Red Adair, sort of charachter. ( only joking). :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Alan
    I joined Nov 2009...and guess who was the first to welcome me...yeah our Elna...and I have never forgot it...I must start saying hello to more newbies... :D
    Hope you are keeping wellish Alan...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Alan! :lol: I'm Henry K crossed with Red A? Ye gods! :lol: That gave me a lovely giggle, thank you. DD x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    just looked may 2009 bit longer than i thought
    val
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Hi ive been on here for about a month and found everyone very welcoming ,there are lots of tips and advice which has been great :)