Am new and would like to say hello to you all.

Options
viv52
viv52 Member Posts: 2
edited 27. May 2012, 11:21 in Say Hello Archive
My name is Vivienne and i have both forms of arthritis as well as ostiop( excuse spelling) where bones break easily,as well as Heart failure but try and keep going.
Am 60yrs old and live with my daughter who helps me . This past feew weeks have been bad as i banged my shoulder and to cut a long story short i have completely burst a muscle which will never be better as dr said it was like trying to sew together a dish cloth to gether but it has so many holes it will not work. The pain i have in shoulder down to my elbow would lift you off chair with pain.
Has anyone else suffered with this. Thanks.
Vivienne

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, what an utter misery that shoulder injury must be. I know that there is not a great deal to be done to help torn muscles but I suppose they do somehow knit themselves together - eventually. It's lovely to meet you and I am pleased you have found us as we all know a little something about pain. I am 53 and also have an auto-immune plus OA - I don't remember entering that lottery but apparently I did. :wink: I have found the forum to be a great source of information and support and I hope you will too. I look forward to seeing your name here and there - I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello Viv52 and welcome from me too. You do seem to have hit the jackpot. I just have RA and OA and that's quite enough. If you post on Living With Arthritis you'll get more replies as not everyone comes on here. I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Hi viv52 and welcome hope you will find the forum useful and get some tips and advice im quite new on here and find it very helpful :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Vivienne

How lovely to meet you :) I am so sorry about all your ailments. I have some OA and some inflammatory arthritis, but so far my ticker is OK :wink: Good you have a good daughter to help you.

Now l haven't injured my shoulder as such, but l have had it 'go' and be agony and that goes into the elbow too. So hard to sleep in that much pain so you do have my sympathy.

I so hope you will find our forums helpful - l think you can help us lot too :wink:

Love

Toni xxx