Boy racers?

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 29. May 2012, 09:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now is it only me who's noticed it but there seems to be hardly any boy racers in their Nova's around these days?, there's also a distinct lack of chav hyperspace transportation devices ie cars so baddly pimped up they look more like a X fighter from star wars than a car. Normally they can be often seen/found sticking out of ditches and hedges wherever there's a bend or a junction with a Police advisory sticker on it.

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    They are all in london i'm affraid , mostly battered and dented .On my way home i saw the most fantastic Mustang red with white stripes through the middle , i had died and gone to heaven .Old girl racer lool.

fowls
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Arndale shooping centre first Sunday of the month Classic cars and boy races just by costco car park.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Traffic is generally quieter here and I suspect it's thanks to the cost of fuel. There are definitely more cyclists clogging things up, riding three abreast whilst yakking, not signalling their intentions and doing without lights at night. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    fowls48 wrote:
    They are all in london i'm affraid , mostly battered and dented .On my way home i saw the most fantastic Mustang red with white stripes through the middle , i had died and gone to heaven .Old girl racer lool.

fowls

I'm with you, what a car I love Mustangs, my Dad had a garage back in the 1970's and we were the first people to sell American cars in Oxfordshire we use to get all types of Mustangs in, we also had a couple of 6.6L Transam's talk about muscle car they were like a rocket on wheels eat fuel like I do Tramadol's and make just as much noise!, that said a 68 Mustang with manual shfit like the one used in Bullet is my favorite of all time.
  • fowls48
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    fowls48 wrote:

fowls

I'm with you, what a car I love Mustangs, my Dad had a garage back in the 1970's and we were the first people to sell American cars in Oxfordshire we use to get all types of Mustangs in, we also had a couple of 6.6L Transam's talk about muscle car they were like a rocket on wheels eat fuel like I do Tramadol's and make just as much noise!, that said a 68 Mustang with manual shfit like the one used in Bullet is my favorite of all time.

I love the fast and furious films if i won the lottery i would be in my element , Alas mr fowls has an r s turbo which he takes to the ford fayre shows and exihbits , it is in for a paint job at the moment , give me that mustang anyday .
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Unfortunately we have one living behind us!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fowls48
    Options
    Of the four legged kind?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hoping it was the cost of fuel myself....

I am seeing less too, mind l haven't been to B&Q carpark lately of an evening :roll:

Toni xxx

(hope he isn't to annoying Elizabeth)
  • tkachev
    Options
    Toni he is very annoying.

E :D

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    i think the scrappage scheme took a lot of old cars off the road, less for them to buy!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Could be a factor oneday....poor you Elizabeth :( Mind l think my husband is annoying too with his 1973 MG midget :roll: what a racket :shock: and the FUMES!!

lOve

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Well yes my OH has a throaty exhaust on his Lambretta and I get annoyed when he starts it up as the whole house shakes! But he is off and away as soon as it starts up.....

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fowls48
    Options
    I See A lovely ferrari this morning shame it was not red .