Doing Nothing

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 25. May 2012, 04:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
Its by far the hardest thing i've ever done
have you tried doing nothing. Its ok for an hour or so but bloody hell its hard work, even worse when eva braun is watching over you.
I took delivery of my new wheelchair today cant even go out on it.
these beta blockers have got me falling asleep.
Tony i havent got a bad heart its heart disease my heart is good and true
i think this is the best day i've had for ages but still in lots of pain Oh no its not a grump, just letting you know where i'm up to. I was going to do the iron man this year i guess thats out now ill just the jelly man.
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    There is an art to doing nothing and I am sure you will master it in time. Doing nothing is exactly the right level of activity for you at the moment and, believe you me, in this heat you are not missing out at all. I had to go out and purchase stuff, I tottered home all hot, drippy, panting, thirsty, dusty and grubby. I would far rather be sitting in the cool, with a lovely cuppa to hand, a good book or whatever for entertainment. Budge up, is there room for a little 'un? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Colin
    Well you keep coming on here and make us lot laugh....Eva Braun indeed..now you be good and that wheelchair will still be there for you.
    Is there an iron lady...ooh no that was Maggie ...I would have joined you... :lol: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Colin... its boring doiing nothing at times, ive been doing nothing for sooo long but only cos of my joints and pain, when im really bored i look through google online for anything to do and found 'online puzzles' love them.. have a look that will keep ur mind on something else for a while xx weather sposed to be getting even better... get a deckchair hat and sunglasses and get out in the sun xxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Coliin

I hope you find a sitting down hobby that you can enjoy soon :)

What about painting/drawing or taking photos when you are out and about and enhance them on your computer.

Love Juliepf x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    It is hard doing nothing when you are busy like your self. I hope you are getting well looked after. glad to see u posting
    Joanne
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    thanks guys its still hard work and just trying to relax when your used to doing so much really does take its toll. It would be better if the weather was bad and i had to sit inside all day. The Mrs is worn out with me.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Dear Colin

We are at work doing nothing , we have no orders coming in and it is so boring .When we do get an online order we are out of stock of the size the customer wants which makes us laugh. .i go onto facebook and play bejewelled blitz or i go out side and smoke another fagg then i get moaned at , karen you are smoking too much .As some one suggested earlier there are some good games to play , i like the finding ones , other than that poor your self a nice cold beer and enjoy the sunshine .

Have a great weekend
    karen fowls