Physio Visit.

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 28. May 2012, 06:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I went to see the physio yesterday. She says that the problem is that my joints are weaker than they should be and I need exercises all the time to stop them getting weaker. I have OA, especially in my fingers and wrists, but basically mpst joints have some. Also, a kind of FA/ME type problem. I must not do too much and stop before I get pain. Not easy to judge! My spine isn't as straight as it should be and over the years its caused the facet joints to 'stick' together if I sit or stand ect too much. She wants me to have special medical palates at the Pain Clinic to keep fit to stablise the joints. The only problem is the hospital is about 15 miles away and driving is getting harder, but I'd like to do it so will try and think round it!
I don't know whether to be happy or fed up, is it good or bad? Don't know, so I'll decide good! Love Sue

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think that's a good decision, Sue :) . It's never nice to find more bits of us are getting worse but I firmly believe that knowledge is power. At least you're now in a position to do something about it aand, even better, a plan in place.

I do hope you manage the drive to the hospital OK. With luck, if it all goes to plan, it will get easier as stuff improves. I do hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Initially the drive might be difficult but as the tailored classes help you so the drive could become easier. This sounds like a good plan to me Woodbon, I think it's worth a try as we know that exercise can be very beneficial for those with OA. Go for it girl, you never know, this could be the 'magic bullet' for you! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • succotash
    succotash Member Posts: 83
    Options
    Wow woodburn,

What a fab opportunity for you.
    Can't you get a taxi or maybe a bus?

I can see it being difficult driving (I find it difficult too) but if you do the pilates you might notice a difference after a few sessions making it easier to drive.

good luck
    How come I'm over the hill and rapidly going down it, when I don't even recall reaching the summit?
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Thank you for all the encouragement, its really done me good and made me think. I am going to take the classes!!!

Basically the driving thing can be managed, after all taxis come out here, even if the buses don't. Although its a about 15 miles or so, I can do it on the quiet roads at my own speed and stop it I need to. I think its an excuse because recently the depression and things has made me a bit more agrophobic, which is used to have years ago. I'm not sure if the pain causes the panic or the panic causes the pain, but feel it may well be a circular thing and it must be broken. I think sometimes when I'm in a bit of pain and know I have to carry on walking, it makes me wonder what would happen if I just couldn't make it! :o
    Anyway, I've written enough for now, love and thanks Suexxxxx

I'm going to see about going back to the physcologist too, when my GP gets back from sick leave I'll have to wait for a place I suppose