Advice please

Options
Misscreant
Misscreant Member Posts: 32
edited 27. May 2012, 18:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
I sent a PM to the help desk team in ask the help desk bit I only sent it yesterday. Has anyone else asked questions via that method and if so how long does it take to get a reply?
I am not a complete idiot, some parts of me are missing!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Depends when you ask. I think they aim for same day replies but office hours apply. You are unlikely to get a response over weekends or bank holidays or the last Friday of the month. So, better not plan a crisis for the Jubilee Bank Hol :)

If it's anything we might be able to help with just post here in the meantime.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Misscreant

I believe that if you email the helplines they promise to reply to you within one working day, so it could be Monday. The helplines do look in at the weekends on the Helplines zones but not sure if they check emails too. It is best to call them for an immediate response.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Misscreant
    Misscreant Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. The question was a tad delicate. :oops:
    I am not a complete idiot, some parts of me are missing!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I can appreciate your nervousness at talking over the phone but they are all very understanding and used to discussing many differing problems/issues/symptoms. You can request to speak with a lady on the helplines, should you prefer.

Anyway, I am sure you will receive a reply to your message soon. :)
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Yes you should get a reply.....Monday probably
    They dont seem to do much over the w/ends or b/hols

Love
    Hileena
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    I believe they usually aim to reply within 24 hours (working days) THE GUYS & GIRLS who man the phones are "BRILLIANT" they have helped me enormously....!! They are a "font" of knowledge, and if they don't know something they find out or give you another helpline to ring....

Don't be embarrased about anything, they are there to help.... X
    hugs freesia xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Misscreant

I have contacted them via email and op and they will come back to you but sometimes they are not about over the weekends and sometimes they are depending on who is available to cover it I think.

I get that it is sometimes less embarrassed to do it via pm or email but hey are used to embarrassing and are very good at helping you to say what's going on for you.

One thing is for sure they will get back to you so hang in there. Cris x