Sore feet

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 28. May 2012, 17:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
So after a great night out with family woke up this morning and can hardly put right foot to the ground,it feel like bones have moved out of place and it bloody hurts,is it because i had to stop the lef and it s out of my system ?my feet have been sore for a while the orthotic shoes dont seem to help any more ,the rhemmy nurse knows all this,i think they are hoping when i go back in 4 weeks my score will have gone up so we can decide about the biologics,(score was 4.4)imust admit it does scare me but anything that helps cant be all bad.Going for blood test tomorrow at health centre hope its the nurse who can do it first time.Mig

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Mig, glad you had a lovely time with your family, but sorry about your poorly feet. :cry: I find that sitting with my feet in a bowl of warm bubbly water is very soothing (although obviously it doesn't make the pain go away). I understand what you mean about feeling as though the bones have moved out of place - apparently feet are about the most complicated bit of the body bone wise, cose there are so many of them (bones, that is, not feet :lol: )

As for the biologics, I understand why you are scared but, speaking as a "biologics veteran" I would say it's well worth a try. I was 7 or 8 years into aggressive RA when I had my first biologic and it gave me 5 virtually RA free years and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I know not everyone is so lucky but as you say, anything which might help is worth a try.

Really hope the blood test goes well for you tomorrow.

Thinking of you.

Love Tillyxxx
  • welshgooner
    welshgooner Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Mig
    I too suffer from sore feet and badly swollen toes that now resemble claws!
    Waling is horrendous most of the time. I have taken bio drugs for a while now. Enbrel worked well for about two years then just stopped working. I am in the early days of Humira and Meth. Not doing well at the moment but hopefully when they kick in I shall get some relief. I would suggest you give them try, you never know, they might be the answer to your preys. Good luck,
    Den.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Mig,

Glad you had a good night out. :D

My feet are also sore today but that's because I went to a party last night and I did a bit of dancing ................the price we have to pay :roll:

I started biologics (Etanercept) last November and haven't looked back. I feel really good on it and have even rediscovered 'energy'! :shock: My only worry is that it looks as though it has a 'shelf life' so I'm trying to make the most of it.

Hope your feet settle down, if not we can always start a 'sore feet club'! :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i will join sore feet club mine get swollen joints that then feel like bones are all in wrong place and work wrong not nice but you can always remember the nice things you did to suffer ((())) val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Mig

I too am glad you enjoyed the night out with your family, but I am sorry to learn that your feet are sore today and that your shoes no longer help. :(
    I hope they settle down soon.

It is a scary thought going onto biologics, I am not on them but there are a few people on here who are and I am sure they will be willing to answer any questions and anxieties you may have. :wink:
    I have my fingers crossed you tomorrow that the blood test goes well.

Take care
    Love Julie PF x :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, poor you, I am so sorry. I have no wise words, no advice simply because I can no longer remember a time when my tooties didn't hurt. I can, however, send hugs. (((())))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • millie78
    millie78 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm with u on the sore feet! I've recently had insoles made which made everthing worse initially but then became dependent on them. These last few hot days is changed to my birkenstocks and boy do my feet know about it!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Mig,

Mine always have pan but every so often, sometimes in mid step, the small bones go off on one and I can hardly eight bare. it lasts about 3-10 days depending an the rumo said its the pa in the small bones and there isn't a lot you can do about them.

Rest hem up if you can and maybe ice them (I never do as they have trouble with circulation so I use heat but they are burning like hell just now as well and heat may not be the answer :wink: )

Hang in there flower and hopefully tomorrow they will feel a bit better and the nurse is the one who can get the blood out! Cris xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    thinking of you mig

Hope your feet are a little better today

but Julie PF x
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Mig

Sorry you have sore feet , i know how you are feeling .I wear fit flops They are expensive but do have sales on the web , they are comfortable the ones with the white soles are much better as they are softer .hope you feel better soon .

karen fowls
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    millie78 wrote:
    I'm with u on the sore feet! I've recently had insoles made which made everthing worse initially but then became dependent on them. These last few hot days is changed to my birkenstocks and boy do my feet know about it!

Yes i agree with you , i am hoping that the hosp doc will refer me back the the peds dept ?
  • mig
    Options
    Had blood test got the nurse that knows what she`s doing,sat with ice pack on feet,going to nod off for a few zzzz Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello mig, I hope your zzzzzzzs were good ones and that your tooties are not so painful now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    Still very painful and puffy have had to leave slippers off as they made a mark on foot,it does look a little red as well,phone call from rhemmy nurse she is going to check my latest bloods and hopefully get back to me tomorrow. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    My feet hurt most of the time. I'm usually in agony after a day standing at work. I get a burning feeling between my big toe and the next one as well. I hope you get some relief with the ice pack Mig.
    Christine