Having a BAD DAY......

Options
freesia
freesia Member Posts: 409
edited 30. May 2012, 14:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Arrhhhhhhhhhhhh......

I just need to let out some feelings today......sorry.....

I'm feeling really low & very frustrated today.... This ARTHUR is getting me down, can normally manage to smile through the bad days, but today I FEEL CRAPPY & unhappy / sad / depressed, you name it.... tears galore...

Lost the plot because I could'nt carry my phone & cuppa tea down the stairs.... Stupid I know.... but it's really frustrating not being able to do the things which I could before and which are normal & easy for everyone else (without ARTHUR)..... think I'm going mad....!!!

Think i'll just drink my cuppa & go to bed... Totally feel like giving up today.... I don't know how much more I can take.... :cry:
hugs freesia xxx

Comments

• succotash
    succotash Member Posts: 83
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    (((((hugs))))
    Totally know how you feel, having a similar day myself!
    Be gentle on yourself xx

I feel like I should go out and burn off some calories but cant :?
    How come I'm over the hill and rapidly going down it, when I don't even recall reaching the summit?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, poor you, I am sorry you are feeling so low. I am sure that you will develop strategies over time to help with these practicalities. My phone is often stuffed down my bra or into a pocket, mugs are moved one or two stairs at a time, washing is hurled down the stairs (that is therapeutic :wink: ), I vacuum sitting down whenever possible, break chores down into chunks with rest breaks in between. It's taken me a while to get used to working in such a slow and cack-handed way, but the main thing is I still get things done. I hope you feel better soon, rest this afternoon and I hope you have a good night's sleep. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Dear Freesia

Sorry you are feeling crook today , can you not watch a nice DVD and relax in bed .Thats what i do then promptly fall asleep .Hope you feel better soon .

luv from karen fowls
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling so bad,hope you can cheer up soon.(((()))) Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Freesia

sorry you're feeling so down at the moment, it is frustrating and upsetting this disease :( I hope tomorrow you have a better day, :)

in the meantime I'm sending some hugs ((((()))))

Love Julie PF xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Oh Freesia I am so sorry you are having such a bad day. We've all been there and I know that I find it is often the apparently "little" things which tip me over the edge. Only this morning I was in tears of total frustration because, having managed to lift my arms up enough to fling the washing over the bannisters, it all landed halfway down the stairs and I could neither get down stairs without walking over it (and trying not to trip) nor, having eventually navigated to the bottom without disaster, could I think how to collect it up to put it in the machine.

As DD says we all do find our own coping strategies. In my case I just abandoned the washing on the stairs while I sat down with a cuppa and a bar of chocolate and things felt more manageable after that.

I do know that it isn't always as simple as that though Freesia, I was just trying to use my example to show that you are not alone in your frustration. And some days giving up and going to bed really is the only thing to do - and I have learned over the years to do my best (not always with great success, I have to admit) to accept that when it happens rather than wasting precious energy I don't have being frustrated about it.

Thinking of you Freesia, and really hoping that tomorrow you feel more able to cope again.

Tillyxxx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Know exactly how you feel ; I use a zimmer type walker indoors and a wheelchair outside so no free hands . My phone travels down the cleavage , fine until it rings and emits loud music from my bra ! Nothing wrong with having a mopey day in bed , it just gives you strength to face the next day with a more positive outlook . Jillyb
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    aaaw Freesia, sorry you are having a bad day :-(

i know how you feel about not being able to do stuff........at work i used to multi-task and get myself a coffee whilst collecting my printing..............cant even do that now............have to make 2 trips :-(
    i really hope your "dumps" dont last too long xxx

tillytop, i've sussed the getting the washing downstairs...........i chuck it down and if it doesnt manage all the way down,i use my walking stick to get it right to the bottom........that if i have a lot.........if theres only a little, i manage with one of those flexible rubber baskets with integrated handle, fold it so i can hold the closed handle in one hand and just use the handrail on onse side to get down safely!
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hi Freesia. Its rotten when you get really horrible days. Ihave been trying to hang some new curtains for the last two weeks! Ijust cant face it at the mo but i know i will get a day when i will be able to muster enough energy to at least take them out of the packaging. Oh well, i quite like the bare look.Lol.
    Hope your mojo comes back soon, chum.

7worlds
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I really hope that you start to feel easier soon mi dear..
    Just posting could help.
    We are all here for ya.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    Options
    Oh I totally understand where you coming from. last week was like that for me.

It frustrates the hell out of me I cant even walk to the post box at the end of the road, or get up the stairs quickly, everything just takes longer.

I do hope you feel better soon, And a good shout make me feel better.

hugs stephen xx
    04_pain.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Freesia, I hope you are feeling a little better today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    hi

Just dropping in to say I hope you're feeling a little better today :)

take care

Love Julie PF x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey Freesia sorry your having a crappy day, I know when I find I can't carry a couple of things I feel like screaming! but like as DD said you just need to be inventive! I have shoved my phone down my bra & down the front of my trousers! (before someone's dirty mind jumps in to action outside my knickers!) The funniest thing I did was Saturday I did a juggling act and couldn't think how I was going to carry my money so I shoved it down my bra! And said to OH 'can you grab my money ' and he asked where was it and I told him his face lit up! So it's all about finding other ways to make life easier. Other times when I've had to move a few items with me I've used a bag that will hold everything with a handle I can hold comfortably. Hope you feel better soon and we've helped you with some idea's.
  • freesia
    Options
    Hi Guys & Girls....

I'm feeling a bit brighter today, just an "OFF" day yesterday....

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH, for all your kind messages and tips.... some made me giggle - just what I needed.... lol....

Think I need a pair of trousers like "Wallace & Grommit.." so I can carry loads of things around.... lol.... as there's not much room in my bra.... :oops:

Learning slowly to pace myself, and prioritise things....

Thanks again.... you lovely people......xx
    hugs freesia xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey Freesia, Glad you felt a little better and you managed to have a little giggle as well! That's what we are all here for to support each other and be there to listen when you need to say something, be a shoulder when you need one and make you laugh when you need cheering up! Job done!! And glad you liked some of the idea's! :D
  • freesia
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:
    Hey Freesia, Glad you felt a little better and you managed to have a little giggle as well! That's what we are all here for to support each other and be there to listen when you need to say something, be a shoulder when you need one and make you laugh when you need cheering up! Job done!! And glad you liked some of the idea's! :D

Thank you SO much everyone - don't know what I'd do sometimes without this lovely forum....xx
    hugs freesia xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    they are great arn't they would not be with out them
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better, freesia.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright