new pain???

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 30. May 2012, 18:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
well just to be different am getting a stiff aching pain at out side of knee to-wards the rear got a feeling it tendons it goes down into foot and up into lower back last night was very bad most of today been not to bad but know have sat down it starting again. it hurts to straighten knee keep doing exercises to help but not getting much better any ideas ?????.
please do not say go to doc not found one i trust well not seen one since last one left and due for hypertension check so might ask nurse for ideas lol
val

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry about your new pain Val. No ideas I'm afraid other than what you are doing. I know you don't want to go to the doc but you really might have to if it doesn't get better. I know how hard it is tho if you don't have a doc you feel comfortable with. As you say, maybe the nurse will be able to advise...

Thinking of you.

Tillyxxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Sorry to hear about your new pain Val.
    I hope it is just something that is passing through and buggers off soon, if not then you will need to mention it to get it checked out.
    Take care.x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    morning val

Sorry to learn that you have the new pain, sorry I can't give you any advice
    but I hope today it has eased.

Love Julie PF x
  • valval
    iced my knee done some stretching exercises still does not feel normal but could be because i did front and back grass sunday might have been step to far so will take things easyer just keep the stretching going and some gentle walking.thanks
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I suspect you have identified the culprit, valval, I reckon you overdid it doing both lawns. Keep resting and icing it, gentle exercise is a good idea and I hope it eases soon. ((())) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I suspect you have identified the culprit, valval, I reckon you overdid it doing both lawns. Keep resting and icing it, gentle exercise is a good idea and I hope it eases soon. ((())) DD

hope you are doing ok ?? and not over doing it got to meet oh when he finnishes work and take him for a drink hard life (on my lay off day lovely)
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    I've been better but hey-ho, it will pass, all things do. I hope you enjoy your drink with Mr Valval, what a pleasant thing to do! DD
  • valval
    it will give me gentle walk up there will take about 25min (used to be 15min lol) so will look in shop windows and will get me out can get some more strawberries loving them :D
    val
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    As well as putting ice on it, keep it elevated. It's amazing what a difference that makes.

It could be referred pain from you knee!!

I hope it feels better soon :)
    LOVE EMMA X
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    ahhhh.. My dear pal, I do believe that you could be suffering the same affliction as I am at the minute.... It's name?

Overdooyitis :shock:
    Not only did I have another walk today (short n slow, just like me lol) but I was a bad lad and did a teeny bit of pottering in the garden later in the afternoon :oops:
    Got a real bad case of overdooyitis...

Have a good rest tomorrow hun. I hope things settle soon.
    If not, possibly a touch of sciatica? Either way some Yorkshire Blokey hugs are heading your way :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    bless you hugs are needed that overdoitus is so right and it pay back big time tonight waiting for co cods to kick in sat with legs up knew was in trouble as when went to bed knee was hot to touch other was chilled lol other than this doing ok lol even got bit of tan no one said can not sit in garden with feet up lol val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello valval, how is it feeling now? I hope the cocos helped to ease matters. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry I missed this, val. (I seem to be starting a lot of my posts that way at the minute :oops: ). I'm also sorry it seems to have started up again despite the, presumably restful, trip to the pub. Maybe you did overuse or overstretch something by doing all that mowing. We should come equipped with traffic lights so's we know when we should be starting to apply the brakes. I hope it's a bit easier today.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Val
    Sorry about your new pain.....it does sound a bit like payback :o
    doesnt it? Hope so then it will disappear soon {hopefully :wink: }

Lo ve
    Hileena
  • valval
    not sure if we going to have a storm but it hurting like :o:mrgreen: :x :oops: yep should have put suport on for work but was far to hot more rest and ice co cods in min just to help not been this bad since he stuck his needle in in october lol long weekend coming up so all will be well val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Yes, heat and supports are not a good combo. I hope you can get some good rest soon, val, and get things on a more even keel.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    yep some joints throbbing like xxxxxx storm warning Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Val
    Sorry I missed this I am on holiday at the min in Wales, thank goodness for wifi... :D I think we are all guilty of overdoing things, I do hope the knee is improving, now make sure you keep them feet raised up , if you get any swelling at the back of your knee it could be a bakers cyst, my OH had one..and the pain radiated down his leg into the foot.
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Val
    Sorry I missed this I am on holiday at the min in Wales, thank goodness for wifi... :D I think we are all guilty of overdoing things, I do hope the knee is improving, now make sure you keep them feet raised up , if you get any swelling at the back of your knee it could be a bakers cyst, my OH had one..and the pain radiated down his leg into the foot.
    You take care xx

could be that was painfull today but was to hot to wear the suport for knee will do tomorrow if it cooler lol
    val