A bloke thing?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
edited 7. Jun 2012, 19:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
We have been out all morning. Mr SW was having a post-prandial, in his recliner, feet up, shoes off. As a mere female, I couldn’t help but notice that his left foot sported a black sock with tiny pink dots on the sole and a thin pink band round the top. The right foot bore a black and blue striped number with a small white motif on the ankle. I’d just dearly like to know how? How can anyone – even a bloke - manage to put on two socks which bear no resemblance whatever to each other?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Unfortunately

I also do this, the dog usually pinches the socks as they are being put in the washing machine :lol: Sticky at least you were not out shopping for new shoes when you noticed this :lol:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol: Defo not a bloke thing! My socks always match :lol: but my daughter, DIL, and son's don't! Oh, and my grandaughters don't always either. :lol: That says something about my son's family, doesn't it?
    My socks are either black or white so cannot make too much of a mistake. :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How odd. I pair Mr DD's socks so he always wear ones that match, the same with mine. If an odd sock does appear then it waits around until its mate turns up. As for Mr SW - ah, bless! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    We have been out all morning. Mr SW was having a post-prandial, in his recliner, feet up, shoes off. As a mere female, I couldn’t help but notice that his left foot sported a black sock with tiny pink dots on the sole and a thin pink band round the top. The right foot bore a black and blue striped number with a small white motif on the ankle. I’d just dearly like to know how? How can anyone – even a bloke - manage to put on two socks which bear no resemblance whatever to each other?

I assume he has another pair the same (black sock with tiny pink dots etc., and black and blue striped etc.).My argument as a mere male is that they must have been like that when they were bought!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    I do the same as DD

BUT my kids sometimes deliberately mix their's up :?

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    ah yes I think it is a bloke thing

what comes out first goes on the foot.
    They are lucky if two come out on the same day that match (perhaps that day we should buy a lottery ticket lol)

I did once go out in odd shoes though :oops:
    Long story, but as you know I wear a prosthetic leg.
    Love julliepf x
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Last week when we took jenson to the vet Mr fowls had his t shirt inside out :lol:
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    Hilarious Sticky.............and very much a man thing

My OH (Fluffy) may have even beaten that..............he's been caught wearing a pyjama T Shirt to work! .......oh yes.....Homer Simpson "woohoo"

Julia x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I normally pair them up but he knows it's hard for me so occasionally sees a pile and goes for it. That's how he sometimes ends up wearing mine :roll:

One son buys only pure black socks as then he can just pick out any two.

I think odd socks can look quite endearing on the young. On a bloke pushing 70 they just look odd.

Rehab, I thought I could rely on your discretion :o .
    Steven Wright
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    You all must be out of touch!
    It is trendy to wear odd socks... you can buy packs of them on Am*z*n.
    Rather Avant-garde of mr SW. :)
    Ruby
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Avant garde? My husband? Is it also avant garde to wear a shirt with half your dinner down it???

Rehab, that's a vicious lie. I do NOT do breakfasts.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    mine are too difficult to mix up. I never wear normal sticks, only character ones.. I haver been known to mix it up big stylee and be down with the kids by wearing off ones of the same character if that makes sense...?
    I've got two different pairs of Clint Eastwood caricature socks so I'll sometimes wear them odd on purpose
    I've been known to have matching boxers, tee-shirts and socks :lol:
    I'm a big kid, so what haha...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP