Police Traffic Cameras

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 11. Jun 2012, 10:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
Police Traffic Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database?
You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address

www.i-database.co.uk

Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.
Hope it's useful.
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Shocking! :o
    Shocking picture of my husband too! Thanks Colin
    Ruby
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

I'm so glad they caught me on a good day
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Iv'e also heard that one in ten don't even have any film in them Alanthemanc
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    at least I was smiling as I went by :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • creakyowl
    creakyowl Member Posts: 63
    Options
    OMG! :o

I've got a dodgy ticker at the moment and was caught in more ways than one! That's just set it off again.

Wish I hadn't gone there!

Creaky
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

Behave Colin!

Hubby had 9 yes 9 points on his license due to speeding so this would terrify him :wink:

Toni xx
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    I was fuming there for a minute. The date was 2nd June and my car has not been out for nearly three weeks. Have just been using my scooter which is regestered so I thought they had got me doing 70 on my scooter!
  • creakyowl
    creakyowl Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I was mad too at first!

I haven't been allowed to drive for a few weeks and thought how on earth could I be doing 83mph anywhere??

I feel well and truly caught.

creaky
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Is this true?, I've just been done and the paperwork said they have the evidence but you can only see it if you go to court, there's a special amendment to the data protection act which means your not allowed to see it unless you do so?. It's a xxxx take and a half as they're accusing you of an offence but are allowed to retain the evidece from you, so you have to either pay up for a smaller fine and just acept it or pay for a solicitor etc and also go to court to do so, basically you have no chance of justice as it's geared to force you to pay up the tax sorry fine.

Sorry rant over.

Amended by Moderator for tone of language. Moderator J
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Colin1 wrote:
    Police Traffic Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database?
    You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address

http://www.i-database.co.uk

Just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle you can click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.
    Hope it's useful.
    Colin

VERY GOOD COLIN got me will and truly there :D:D:D

have a nice day
    mike R & Hazel & mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    You mad beggar Colin..wait till my OH comes in...It will put the wind up him :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Tell you what Thames Valley Police can go take a hike from now on, I've had it with them. You only ever see them speed trpping round here these days, the only time we get coppers in the village is when they're flying over it at 200 feet at 3am, they like to play SWAT rather than do their proper job!.

POP!?, bugger me spleens gone off again!. :shock:
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Doh!!!!!!!!! :lol: