Need someone to understand...

Options
Karin
Karin Member Posts: 3
edited 12. Jun 2012, 18:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi out there, Iam still new to this forum but its nice to know that there are people out there who are sure to understand what we go through each day. I have OA; RA and FMS with CFS so I feel completely washed out with every flare up (that seems to be happening now more frequent) possibly every month with a couple of good days in between. I dont know if anyone can advise me of what to do - GP seems to be at a loss! Iam working and have an appointment next week with Occupational Health GP to see if I can be supported in the work place! I have all the possible equipment - but its the chronic fatique thats a killer - just want to sleep all the time! :roll:

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Karin

I have RA .you poor love you really are going through the mill.Some one will be along to help you, as the people on the forum are lovely .Sorry i was of no help too you .just wanted to keep you at the top of page so you do not get lost .Welcome to the forum

karen xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Karen, and pleased to meet you. You have certainly come to the right place as we can all understand and sympathise with the chronic fatigue and pain which you are experiencing.

You will probably find more people to advise you over on the other forums, Living with arthritis forum or Working matters forum.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello Karin. I'm sorry things are so tough for you right now. I'm not too good with initials. I can manage the OA and RA but the other two defeat me. However, even without them you would have a lot to contend with.

You write about flares as being 'possibly every month with a couple of good days in between'. I don't think flares work quite like that. It sounds as if you are just in a permanent flare and, if so, you will need to see your rheumatologist to get something for it - a change of meds, steroid jab or somesuch. Your GP won't be able to do much for the RA side of things. Can you ring your rheumatology helpline for advice?

P.S. Joan is quite right. You'll get more replies if you copy this thread to the Living With Arthritis forum.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Karin
    A very warm welcome from me, you poor things know wonder you are tired, the only solution I have for that is a nap, must say it something I have never done in the afternoon,till Arthur came to visit, but even half hour can help , I suppose with you working this is out of the question, I just wish I could help more.
    I do wish you well with the OT and hope they are a big help at work xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    AW bless you Karin, I know exactly how you feel and you're in the right place here for help. Not that we can do a lot, but most of us are sufferers too so we can sympathise with you.
    Seems like with every year these symptoms just escalate, I started with OA in the spine, then the feet, then hands, and now even in the ear!!
    Bless you and I hope you like it here and find some comfort.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I can understand how miserable this can make you feel because I am always tired - I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling refreshed and energised but I think it was about sixteen years ago before my arthritis began. Tiredness is a topic that crops up on a very regular basis on the LWA part of the forum, it's something we all know about. The only solution is to rest whenever you can, pace yourself as much as possible with work and chores etc, and come and talk to us because we do know what it is like. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi it does sound like you are not on the best meds get intouch with your rhummy and explaine how bad it is if you do not they will think it all ok. rest when you can is there some where you can catch 15 min at dinner i find it helps me when bad an energy drink once in a while might just give you a boost to get through day and plenty of fresh fruit good luck ((())) val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Karin

I do understand and sympathise wholeheartedly with you. :(

Val does have a good idea there; about a sleep in the day. If work could provide somewhere that might be a help. I find it the ONLY thing to do sometimes.

Otherwise a meds review might be an idea. When are you next seeing your rheumy or even rheumy nurse?

Hugs to you karin

Love

Toni xxx
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    hi karin

somewhere to sleep during the day? do you take a car to work? that would give you private place OR even just lying flat, not thinking in a broom cupboard might give you some breathing space.

i have had an 18month flare but the tiredness only kicked in about 5 or 6 months ago which coincided with my platelet count going sky high. this is where the blood thickens and they prescribe aspirin. if you still have active disease then its a battle but when my platelets went down i had a huge energy burst again.

i dont know if this is any way relevant in your case but maybe others can come up with more universal reasons for why we get so tired. no doctor has actually explained this to me other than to say "oh its part of the disease" -

if you are getting any decent weather where you are maybe just sitting on a park bench for 40 mins during your lunchbreak would give you that little bit of rest that you need.
  • janetb
    janetb Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Karen
    you poor thing, hope the OH GP has some good advise and constructive help. Don't now how your managing I only have OA and am struggling to cope at work . Being self employed it's a constant worry to make it to work every day but no work no pay just adds to stress :( sorry this has turned into a moan, keep us all posted on your progress

Janetb
  • christinac47
    christinac47 Member Posts: 102
    Options
    hi karen

sorry to hear your haveing a hard time of it i have O&A and beening check for R&A its hard work been on your feet working all day and trying to keep a house as well. i am just new on this too and i think its great how we can all talk about how we are feeling plus have a laugh to take our minds of things your work need to do a rick assment on you to see if you need certine thing to help you in the work place your union will help you with this .that what i had to do plus the ocapainail health nurse assess my house to i got a chair handle in my bathroom i am waiting for a shower too .i am lucky as my work place after the union came to see my maneger they have been very supportive with me .try it out never give up on things when your feeling bad thats the frist thing you want to do is give up they have to help you its the law best wishes yasmin i hope you feel better soon