Sniggerville

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 9. Jun 2012, 09:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits but the schoolboy humour (at the age of 54) is getting wearing. We are two matches into the Euro 2012 'feast' of indifferent footy and if he says 'Arshavin' (with a wink) once more I will deck him. Somehow. Come on, it is neither big or funny. I thank whoever that the vuvuzuela has disappeared but I suspect the vuvuprat is back. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• youlemming
    youlemming Member Posts: 28
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't think the school boy or girl humour ever really goes away, it's quite nice to still have a bit of sillyness what ever your age.

But there is something for using a joke limitedly (don't even know if thats a word but sounds good) before it gets annoying :lol:
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    With you on that , DD , had exactly same joke in our household ; we also sniggered at all the ov names throughout both matches ! At least my hubby is now feeling better that some footie is back on the box again . Jillyb
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey DD. My husband is a mad footie fan and i must admit, i usually dont mind it myself, However, its the endless waffle before and after the actual game that drives me mental. Why oh why do they have to analise every single detail? eh?

7worlds
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    I'm enjoying these games, hurrah for Greece, they need help, and they need it quick. They will need a whip round to get back home. Alanthemanc
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I've actually managed to miss it all so far thanks to visitors and rugby league.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    As far as I can see there's nowt to report but hey, that's never stopped anyone before, has it? :lol: I'm making an educated guess that there will be more matches today - yawn. Bang goes our afternoon up the Plump Feline - note I said 'our' afternoon. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    we had football all evening do not mind as was on lap top or reading but all the talk about them before and after does my head in the so called experts set my oh off and if i was interested would listen to them so to have him explaine what they said and why is a total waste of time i never remember what is said do not care and try to look interested but must fail lol val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Why is football the dinosaur of the sporting world? We can’t we have technology? We’d rather splutter and fume about a disallowed goal that clearly crossed the line or an allowed one that didn’t. We can’t even use it retrospectively to prove whether or not a striker dived and thus ban him for a game or two to discourage him from doing it again, or to see if a defender did trip him/haul him down and so ban the defender instead. We can’t change an offside rule that has been proved to be unpoliceable because the assistant ref’s eyes can’t focus on two places at once. Barmy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright