Paralympic tickets

Options
youlemming
youlemming Member Posts: 28
edited 8. Jun 2012, 18:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello just been looking at tickets for the olympics and as there is not much there on the lower end of the price range decided to look at the Paralympics and I cannot believe how reasonable to tickets are.

I know there is not as much interest as the Olympics so to get more people in the tickets are cheaper but £15 for most events is a lot lower than I would have expected (and this includes a ticket to get into other events if they are not sold out on that day!).

Think this is were I will be heading to be able to get the little one involved in the experience of the event.
Always had an interest in it but it's never given the same level of coverage, have so much admiration for these guys, so much effort they must have to put in to overcome both the physical and mental aspects not to mention the attitudes of others.

Shame there is nothing there for the Wheelchair Rugby (not sure if they have sold out or not gone on yet). Might go for Powerlifting as this is were my other half's interests lay and then something a bit more active for the little one :D

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I know a young woman who rides for the Irish Paralympic Dressage team. I met her before I ever saw her on horseback. She has CP, learning difficultiies and haemiplegia. When I saw her 'dancing on horseback' I was convinced this was an able-bodied rider. She has amazing control, strength and suppleness. I hope youthoroughly enjoy whatever event(s) you see, youlemming.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright