Whoops!

Options
Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 9. Jun 2012, 10:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
One of my daft totoise's has found her way into the kitchen, (probably looking for warmth) and somehow managed to wedge herself, solidly, under the wood burning stove!
I can't get down low enough to prise her out. I think she's stuck too hard any way.
My daughter is away for the weekend, so she can't help. OH has to come home from work, not a happy bunny! The silly dog is laying in front of the fire, and licking the tortoise's face every time she puts her head out of her shell. The only good thing is the fire isn't lit!
Why is my life always like this?!!
All the best,
Numpty

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Disaster averted! OH came home and within seconds had lifted the woodburner just enough to slide the tortoise out. She is now safely in her pen, munching on a pear, (her favourite fruit at the moment)
    OH has gone back to work, just as well as he's in a foul mood. He didn't like my suggestion that he put the woodburner on blocks, so tortoise and other small animals can't get stuck underneath it. Instead he left in a blue haze, muttering something about keeping the tortoise in their pen or keeping the kitchen door closed!
    Oh well.
    Numpty
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    OMG IM SORYY but i cant stop laffing at this, (we have a tortoise also so know what there like) im glad she is finally rescued and back in her pen, what sort of tortoise is she.

how did oh explain his family emergancy in order to come home from work :shock:

thank god the wood burner wasnt on
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    We used to have a tortoise many moons ago when I was a little girl.
    Apparently it made the mistake of hibernating in the airing cupboard where there was a slight gas leak :shock:
    Hope yours has got over his shock (and you).

I had a similar thing last week when looking after my grandchildren. Their Auntie had left her two dogs in my care too, one a young (and very stupid) Westie.
    I heard such a commotion and went into the kitchen to find Maggie stuck fast under a kitchen cupboard. The kickboard was waiting to be fitted so she was curious to see under it and tried to turn to get out. She was in a 'u' shape and I was terrified she may have hurt her back. I managed to ease her out by wiggling her btm from side to side.
    She was fine, until later in the day when she ran full pelt into the sofa and nearly knocked herself out. (I told you she was stupid :lol: ).
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    OH has gone back to work, just as well as he's in a foul mood. He didn't like my suggestion that he put the woodburner on blocks, so tortoise and other small animals can't get stuck underneath it.

It is impossible to please an entire household simultaneously, Numpty, especially when some members are male.

Anyway, it he'd raised it on blocks, you might have found next time that an armadillo had got stuck or a passing lobster :)

Crisis averted. Cook the man something nice, serve it with something alcoholic and he'll forget all about it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I too have to admit I giggled, I guess tortoises are not aware of their 'height'! I am glad that said beast is none the worse for being wedged for a while - unlike Winnie-ther-Pooh losing weight wouldn't solve the problem, would it? :wink: Your poor OH, I have a twinge of sympathy for him, how do you explain THAT reason for going home to the boss? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww Numpty Im so glad you have got her out....good on hubby for coming home, I love how your doggy was licking her face bless... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Hi all,
    Coco, my OH works for himself, so no embarrassing explanations needed!
    Pollysid, my dog is a westie, so I know what you mean.
    DD, yes the tortoise is fine and has a very clean face!
    Yes Barbara, my OH is a bit special.
    Sticky you are so far in my head it's untrue! My OH is home now, and I have plied him with beer, and promises of........a delicious meal, courtesy of M and S. He is currently pushing the lawn mower in a slightly drunken but happy manner. By the way, my armadillo is quite safe, in the greenhouse.
    All the best,
    Numpty