Quiet weekend ???

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 9. Jun 2012, 16:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
I hope everyone enjoyed last weekend four days of British customs and values we do ,do it the best don't you think.We had a family tea on Monday with all the pomp of a party all in Red White and Blue withour flags and buntings. The gazebo and barbie on the lawn all this just to create a memory for the youngest members we older folks reminist about the Coronation where we were what we did. I can say we were very patriotic and enjoyed every minute we wonder what the next celebration will be ???

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mr DD and me had a total ball on the Saturday and Sunday, we spent the week-end with our very bestest friends and had a grand time. We were very dressed up for the Saturday and comfortably dressed down for the Sunday. I have an envelope of press cuttings from the Coronation, saved by my Ma, and I will add some snippets from the recent coverage for my god-daughter as she will be the one to inherit said items. I think that we do the pomp and circumstance so very well, it is part of our heritage. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My sister held a family bbq on the Sunday, a local village had a bbq/picnic on the green on the Monday, live music, lighting of the beacon and fireworks on the Monday night, and on the Tuesday, there was a fair, stalls, live music from the local schools and picnic areas in the local High Street while there were steam boat rides on the river behind the High Street. We all had a fantastic time. The feel good factor was well worth the money.
    Christine