Digital telly is rubbish.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 10. Jun 2012, 16:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
There I was, happily watching the French Open Final which was developing into a truly great game of tennis, when Invers made the dread announcement: 'If you want to carry on watching this then switch to ITV4 because now it's time for football.'

Since the full switchover in our area we no longer receive ITV4. Great. Fabulous. Marvellous. Wonderful. I now have that gloomy Midlands twerp Mr A Childs being his usual full-on Eyeore-ish self and a very happy Mr DD as he can watch more men running around and falling over and rowing with the ref. Great, fabulous, marvellous and wonderful it is NOT. :x DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It has more than a hint of an operatic effort which I guess reflects the Eyeties perfectly. I went and switched on 5live extra and found . . . . cricket, which wasn't being played as it was too dark. I am still glum. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    and now we have irland who have gone one down in first min what fun
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've discovered the source of the problem. Down the hill from us there is a substantial rail viaduct and our house is positioned in just the right place so as to miss the signal. The neighbours either side get ITV4, one lower and one higher hill-wise, but us? Nah. Never mind, it matters not, either Djokovich or Nadal will win - howzat for a prediction? :wink: Thank whoever for the Aegon and then Wimbledon. Meanwhile it's Ireland v Croatia - be still my beating heart. DD
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Sympathise , DD , as my hubby is so thoughtful , loving and patient as my carer ; I encourage him to relax in the evenings when possible . At the moment that means 2 matches a day , every day ! Oh , well , might help me sleep better with the tediousness of it all . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I know, I know, I appreciate 'im indoors very much too but tennis was my game and I still love watching it. No matter, he's now snoozing but is a resting and contented man and that is important. It is drivel, isn't it? DD