Primark - All About Nothing

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 20. Jun 2012, 14:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Well whilst on my holidays last week i visited the Primark store in Inverness. I had never visited one before and can honestly say wouldnt rush back to one again...
It was basically a load of rubbish as far as I was concerned, did make one purchase, 3 pairs of frogs motif socks but when i wore them they didnt feel so nice, not nice cotton/material...Also having lost 3 stone I did try on a top (size 20) but it looked awful and was nowhere near the size it said it was..Also went to use the disbaled changing room only to be told "there's a boy in there as we are short on space"...I automatically thought it was a young child with parent, stood for 10 mins only to find a gangly, grungy lad of about 20 emerge (if had known was that age wouldve banged on door asking to hurry up)....Didnt feel they should use this as a spare changing room.....
Its all a fuss about nothing as far as I can see with Primark and I know its personal but no ta!!

Elainex

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I went in Primark once and that was enough to put me off, although my daughter has found some cheap holiday clothes for her daughters.
    I don't think they should allow the disabled changing rooms to be used by gangly youths- you would probably have had cause for complaint about that. :roll: Well done for losing the weight, by the way :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Primark clothes are poor quality tat, mostly synthetic materials or very poor cotton. I know that some of their stuff makes it onto fashionista lists in the Sunday papers but ours never sells it! Primark sunspecs are brill value and the odd bit of jewellery is OK. Our Primark has a till for the disabled - fantastic - but not being the regulation sizes 8 - 14 I don't bother going in. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Hi Elaine ,Well I know what you mean,I I spent an hour in Primark waiting for bus to hospital .......... bought the pale blue sundress with tan woven belt for about £4.99 ....... well the belts ok ......with good jeans and the dress well I shall hand wash ......guess its cheap and cheerful if you dont mind the scrum the sobbing babies and the cross white faces have yet to try T k Max .......... but life is an adventure and at the moment I am on a very tight buget so fingers crossed .Marrianne :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine...I find its good for children's clothes...at least for the price you dont mind how they wear....and how they grow out of them....but to be honest I have had a couple of T shirts for holidays....saved me a fortune for everyday use....but they are only good for one summer.
    The markets nearby are full of there clothes at a £1 each.....so they must just sell job lot what they cant sell.
    Love
    Barbara
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    I agree that Primark stuff is cheap and cheerful, but just wanted to say DON`T diss TK Maxx. It`s the most amazing place for top quality, designer stuff, all at great prices. My daughter recently bought an Alexander McQueen dress which normally retails at £750, for £100. They do lovely bags, shoes, and top quality perfumes and cosmetics. And no, I`m not on commission, but I do absolutely love the place......Rosie.x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Joan

Its fine if your a skinny size 8-10 teenager, it is all aimed at that age market...The changing room thing I found awfully disrespectful...

Elainex
    joanlawson wrote:
    I went in Primark once and that was enough to put me off, although my daughter has found some cheap holiday clothes for her daughters.
    I don't think they should allow the disabled changing rooms to be used by gangly youths- you would probably have had cause for complaint about that. :roll: Well done for losing the weight, by the way :D
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Del

Thanks....Matalan is better quality, TK Maxx is miles better, do designer labels in there...

Elainex
    delboy wrote:
    Well done on the weight loss.

Never been ion one, is it another Matalan or TK-Max type of place?
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    DD

I got told it did up to size 22 and saw this many times in store but did i actually see many sizes 20 or 22...NO!

Elainex
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Primark clothes are poor quality tat, mostly synthetic materials or very poor cotton. I know that some of their stuff makes it onto fashionista lists in the Sunday papers but ours never sells it! Primark sunspecs are brill value and the odd bit of jewellery is OK. Our Primark has a till for the disabled - fantastic - but not being the regulation sizes 8 - 14 I don't bother going in. DD
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Marrianne

Yes being on a budget id rather shop in asda's George, better quality...TK Maxx is brill

Elainex
    marrianne wrote:
    Hi Elaine ,Well I know what you mean,I I spent an hour in Primark waiting for bus to hospital .......... bought the pale blue sundress with tan woven belt for about £4.99 ....... well the belts ok ......with good jeans and the dress well I shall hand wash ......guess its cheap and cheerful if you dont mind the scrum the sobbing babies and the cross white faces have yet to try T k Max .......... but life is an adventure and at the moment I am on a very tight buget so fingers crossed .Marrianne :)
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Barbara

I agrree re kids clothes but so many other places do cheap kids stuff dont feel primark are in a niche market there..

Elainex
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine...I find its good for children's clothes...at least for the price you dont mind how they wear....and how they grow out of them....but to be honest I have had a couple of T shirts for holidays....saved me a fortune for everyday use....but they are only good for one summer.
    The markets nearby are full of there clothes at a £1 each.....so they must just sell job lot what they cant sell.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi

I aint dissing TK Maxx got loads of bags there, Calvin Klein rainmac, birkis and skechers...

Elainex
    RosieGlow wrote:
    I agree that Primark stuff is cheap and cheerful, but just wanted to say DON`T diss TK Maxx. It`s the most amazing place for top quality, designer stuff, all at great prices. My daughter recently bought an Alexander McQueen dress which normally retails at £750, for £100. They do lovely bags, shoes, and top quality perfumes and cosmetics. And no, I`m not on commission, but I do absolutely love the place......Rosie.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    Would you believe I have only just found TK Maxx...it was my eldest Gd that drew my attention to it......she and her friends love spending an hour or so looking for designer wear....Im afraid most of my clothes shopping has to be online these days.... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Elaine

I found that the linen trousers are quite good and the vest tops .Value for money .The designers have very bad taste , we had a girl visit our office looking for bridesmaid dresses that designed for them , Her eyes were everywhere , few months later saw a few ripp offs of our tops they were crusty :lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

I have gotten weights for the gym there, kids books for christmas pressies and my big Kermit...

Online is handier...

Elainex
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Would you believe I have only just found TK Maxx...it was my eldest Gd that drew my attention to it......she and her friends love spending an hour or so looking for designer wear....Im afraid most of my clothes shopping has to be online these days.... :roll:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Fowls

Id much rather spend a little bit more as cheap things are only good if they last, why keep buying every year more expensive..

Elainex
    fowls48 wrote:
    Hi Elaine

I found that the linen trousers are quite good and the vest tops .Value for money .The designers have very bad taste , we had a girl visit our office looking for bridesmaid dresses that designed for them , Her eyes were everywhere , few months later saw a few ripp offs of our tops they were crusty :lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I tend to buy my children's clothing from H&M as they are really good value.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    I find it fine for work stuff, for days when we are doing messy things in class.
    Ruby