public transport grrr

Options
marrianne
marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
edited 15. Jun 2012, 15:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone I have been in hospital , I hope you are all ok ... definately looking at a tkr ......pretty scared .........Anyway to cut to the chase impossible to drive so for the last week I have been trying to get from a/b via the buses ,Do any of you have experience of the buses on a regular basis ........I dont want to express an oppion and get banned from here unfairly so words like pants and cross and exhausted and all my clothes smell of **** and worse will have to do ......................on the up side met some lovely kind helpful people it was very cheap and no road rage ,why have they got rid of the double deckers? .......... Marrianne :)

Comments

• marrianne
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi maybe kind mod could move this to chit chat I know its not to serious thanks Marrianne
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    That'll be me then Marrianne!

No problem

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Nearly all double deckers here in Brighton , some buses are adapted for wheelchairs but not all and should there be a couple of pushchairs waiting too , pushchairs take precedence . I avoid the buses even though I can travel on them for free due to disability . Jillyb
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hi Marrianne
    i cannot use a bus my balance is no good bus drivers dont wait for people to sit down.
    i use dial a ride thats door to door and wheelchairs can use it as well and we have help will the shopping.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • marrianne
    Options
    Thankyou to Mod for moving me .And Jilly you are right I had to move me my shopping tempory stick fro the seat nearest the door ...ready for a quick getaway ....The twin buggy 2 toddlers and poor mum had an ever worse struggle than me ,Fortunately for me Joan the buses had button to press near the stop I wanted and the driver lowered the step which helped but I will be glad when I can drive again meanwhile I will have to get used to it ,as the TKR in july will render me on 2 sticks hope you are all well at the moment with all this changeing weather ..Marrianne :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Buses? No thanks. Our council removed all the benches at bus stops (to reduce vandalism) and replaced them with metal bars, so perching on those really aggravates the sacro-iliac joints and the ankles, which is not nice. If I reach the point where driving is no longer an option then it will be me, my clatterator and a taxi for a once-a-week treat for a morning in town. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    Options
    Thanks,D/D,yes its the same here just perch on the bar leg stuck out , also lack of bus shelters again due to vandlilism,s/p ....... taxis are expensive and I always have to ask for the seat in front to be I shall pulled forward I wonr sit in the front just in case and to be honest I feel very vulnerable anyway,Joan thats sounds brilliant I am not sure if we have that here ,I can look up on line,back to the bus today but thankfully just a short trip with no bus change ,All have a good day and hope your weather is a bit better was that our summer ....... both of those lovely spells I was in hospital T K R ....20TH July so expect brilliant weather ,Marrianne :)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    use busses a lot here when to far to walk and they are expensive and full of oap s who do not have to pay and feel i should give up my seat for them even though they much better on there feet than me lol but you do meet lots of lovely people we do not have buss station here and busses non smoking so no problems with that but some drivers think they driving raceing cars others are lovely. use taxi to get to docs on time then bus or walk back as never know what times they run val
    val
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    I try to avoid the buses as peops here in morden play crusty music on there phones and speak very loudly in jibberish ,I just like to chill on a bus but find it hard when this is going on .
  • marrianne
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Do you have a Ring & Ride or similar community bus service you could use? Local transport operator should have info.
    Delboy,I looked it up today just on the off chance, because I am not on high level incapacity or care . componant nor 75 years nor blind it seems strict but with limited resorces ,so its back to the buses for now .Marrianne :)
  • marrianne
    Options
    fowls48 wrote:
    I try to avoid the buses as peops here in morden play crusty music on there phones and speak very loudly in jibberish ,I just like to chill on a bus but find it hard when this is going on .
    Fowls its the same here thats why I miss the double deckers the buses now are always packed It worries me because I feel a lot worse than I look so I often feel oblighed to give up my seat .Marrianne :)
  • marrianne
    Options
    valval wrote:
    use busses a lot here when to far to walk and they are expensive and full of oap s who do not have to pay and feel i should give up my seat for them even though they much better on there feet than me lol but you do meet lots of lovely people we do not have buss station here and busses non smoking so no problems with that but some drivers think they driving raceing cars others are lovely. use taxi to get to docs on time then bus or walk back as never know what times they run val
    Val today was ok because I went to the local shops and walked back ,yes the best bit is meeting other people,I caught up with someone today I hadnt seen in ages.Marrianne :)
  • marrianne
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    marrianne wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    Do you have a Ring & Ride or similar community bus service you could use? Local transport operator should have info.
    Delboy,I looked it up today just on the off chance, because I am not on high level incapacity or care . componant nor 75 years nor blind it seems strict but with limited resorces ,so its back to the buses for now .Marrianne :)

That's a shame, what about patient transport for visits to hospital?
    Delboy,I am definately going to look into that at the moment its costing me £20 round trip or the bus ...grrr.... scary trip 2 changes very bad bus station. Fortunately I am now on mthly monitoring...Marrianne :)
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I use the train they are really great with wheelchair uses
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • marrianne
    Options
    Oh I love trains,Once I had a free colouring book a pack of cryons and a bag all feebies from virgin ...........oh Colin I wont ever take a lax .............................grrr really tickled me Marrianne :lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have wondered if Daisy and me could help viz the hospital driving front. I love driving and can usually manage to do so, but I suspect that given my health status I would not get a green light, and neither would she. I am amazed when waiting in rheumatology by the number of elderly people waiting for hospital transport, and the lack of care by some of the drivers. My hospital is relatively accessible by bus if you live in town but if you don't it might as well be on Mars. Suffolk is a fairly rural county and thus lacks buses unless there is a 'zed' in the month. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben