Trinitarian Bible Society open day

Options
fowls48
fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
edited 13. Jun 2012, 06:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

T.B.S are having an open day on saturday 12-5 , Always a nice day out .You can have a tour of the building see alot of the oldest bibles and even pack a bible .They send bibles to people all over the world and have letters from the queen and winston churchill which they will put on display .At the end of the tour there are refreshments .They have an online website if you are interested .

karen xx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The Open Day at the Society's international headquarters (Tyndale House, Dorset Road, London) is to be held on Saturday 16th June 2012, from noon until 5.00 p.m.

I googled it in case anyone is interested.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Not for me thanks but each to their own . Jillyb
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Thanks for the info :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Hope they get good weather and if your gong you enjoy it. I think old buildings are good to mooch about but tis a bit far for me. Cris xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Well To Be Honest

I 'm only the cleaner there :lol: Not A bac .But they have always been very kind to me and i have made some very nice friends over the years .The day out is not of a religous nature as in sermons , They just do a few talks showing you the work they do and how they distibute there goods . It is quite interesting .I may pop in as i would like to see some of the staff which have now retired so it is always nice to catch up with them .And the ladies make the best ever home made cakes , bad for the wasteline i,m affraid :( .But thank you all for reading .

karen xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Bring us back some cake then please :wink: Cris xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sounds interesting but much to far away for me hope it good day though val