Agghh sky ****ing TV!

Options
Melrymax
Melrymax Member Posts: 226
edited 13. Jun 2012, 14:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
My sky tv has broken and I Have called to get it fixed... They want £40 for an engineer to come out to me.... Shall I go down the garden and pick it off the money tree I have?
I am off work sick, 2 young children and one in utero, all the usual bills to pay still.
I said well I'm not paying tht, I want to cancel and change to virgin, this is not the first problem I have had.
I went on a discount package 6 months ago and am in a 12 month contract and will have to pay up until January even if I cancel!!! Either way I am screwed! We pay an extortionate amount to these companies and the customer service is rubbish!

Comments

• only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi Melrymax

i know excatly how you feel, i got sky tv, anyone who had dealings with sky has my full sympathy, i am sure they do think money grows on trees, i only wish it did wouldnt it be nice, :lol:

i agree with you about customer service, i find that a lot especailly with the big company's no wonder the country in a mess, just my views, but its us customers that keep them in business, its true though, if we all voted with our feet everytime we got bad service i think they would have to pull there socks up, but alas they always seems to have worked it all out before and sign us to a contract, but only thing is if the person on the other end of the phone dont give you very good service, you can call back again and talk to another person who might be a bit more helpful, and if that dont work, ask if you can speak to thier manager.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Thanks Sylvia.
    I actually rang up the cancellations dept and mentioned nothing of the contract and said I want to cancel as I can't afford the repair man to come out and I am not willing to pay for a service I can't get. She then went to ask what my plan was so I said virgin and had an answer for everything, eventually she put me on hold and came back and said they can drop it to £10 :) win win
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Nice one Merylmax :D

See it pays off doesn't it :wink:

£10 is reasonable.

Love

Toni xxx
  • Melrymax
    Options
    I got an offer Through the post from virgin with free TiVo box, free hd box for multitoom with no monthly fee, free installation, and 6 months half price!
    If there is an offer like that when my contract is up then I shall definitely be switching.