Any cyber mouse solutions?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 14. Jun 2012, 13:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Problem - it sometimes took ages for the site/page to load. I worked out that was because I wasn't always pressing the mouse hard enough - it worked fine when I held it steady in one hand and pressed with the other. Blamed ancient mouse so got a new one but the problem's the same. It's me.

Ironically, if I turn it sideways I can easily press it hard enough first time with my thumb. But my ancient brain can't handle going right when I want to go down, down when I want right etc etc.

Any suggestions?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mouses (mice?) tend to be different to eachother. Some take a bit of pressing to really get it down and others are light and easier to press. Maybe ask in your local electricals shop if you can have a feel of the different mouses they have?

Maybe try sticking something on the mouse button so that your finger doesn't have to bend as far to press it?

Other than that, I can't really think of anything. xx
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Thanks, Avrielle. I was wondering if it might come to a bit of Blutack :roll:

Delboy - that looks interesting. Forgive my absolute ignorance but what do you actually press? Is it the ball itself? (It just looks as if it might be a little thingy below it, which would be harder.)
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    you can press the button with anything, pencil, nose, big toe etc.

Get yourself to a computer shop and try one out you'll be amazed.

Well, the nose and the big toe are definitely out. If I tried them in a computer shop I think I wouldn't be the only one who was amazed :shock: I'll concede a pencil's a possibility.

Seriously, it looks good. I don't think I could use my palm because that's where my thumb lives but I'm sure I could find some bit of finger to oblige. However, I am from Yorkshire. I find the cost scary. I paid £3 for my last one which works fine for anyone except me. I shall fetch the blutack first. Then I'll go to a computer shop. Thanks.
    Steven Wright