A pants day ~ is it me??

Options
mouseymousey
mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
edited 22. Jun 2012, 16:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
I went to do the shopping, the man in front of me put the little stick thing on the belt - so I started loading my stuff on.
At this point he starts pushing my shopping back towards me, and a bottle breaks after falling from the belt.
'Can't you wait' he then bawls at me, 'its a supermarket, I reply.
What is wrong with people? Please please tell me its not just me!
I couldn't get home quickly enough, it really freaked me out.
As I was leaving I noticed him sitting on the seats by the door - gulp - he's going to follow me, I thought, thank goodness he stayed where he was.
He wasn't a young chap - it seems to be the oldies (I'm 52) that have somehow 'lost it'?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Of course it's not just you. He put the divider on the belt, you started loading your shopping, surely that is the generally accepted signal for 'your turn'. I feel that he is in the wrong but I am sorry that you lost an item of your shopping - I hope it was a bottle of summat not that special. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    how rude of him, stupid man what did he expect. try not to worry about it his problem not yours take care val
    val
  • mouseymousey
    Options
    Thank you, I think I just have one of those faces. Going to turn in early with my book. Mx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Thank you, I think I just have one of those faces. Going to turn in early with my book. Mx

It's not you, mouseymousey: it's him. And it's not your face that's the problem: it's his lack of common sense and manners.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Hello mouseymousey - I'm new to all this, this is only my second time, but I had to respond as I had a very similar experience yesterday.

I had my little granddaughter with me and we'd enjoyed our trip around the shop. I had only just started to unload onto the belt and a man behind me started grunting. When I looked at him he was pointing to the dividers so I said I hadn't finished, still had more to put on the belt and he shouted that I didn't need to have finished, snatched a divider and then his wife was glaring at me. What is it with people? It was all very minor and irrelevant, but still unsettling. Strange.

It's not you, or if it is, it's both of us! I'm sure we're not alone either so let's not let it worry us. Better things to think about!

It's good to meet you - Susie :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think it's impatience. We live in an age of rush rush rush and anything or anyone that holds us up in what we want to achieve and in the time we want to achieve it is not to be tolerated. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • agnesb
    agnesb Member Posts: 2
    Options
    hi, i agree with the last post, from dream daisy, everyone seems to be in a rush, but thankfully this sort of behaviour from others doesn't happen all the time, best wishes mousey mouse
  • mouseymousey
    Options
    Its been a few days now ~ and thank you so much for the replies. I was a whisker away from just walking out - maybe I should have. I do appreciate that you took the time to reply.
    I went to buy the new Motability car the other week. We hung around the showroom like a couple of eejts the salesman was too busy to see us - and 'had we made an appointment'. This would have been our third Ford and we knew what we wanted we really wouldn't have been fussy. I'm getting a little sick of this now, so we trotted off to the nearby Vauxhall garage - where we didn't need an appoimtment, got a cup of coffee and ordered an Astra. Its coming in September. Think I can see why the country is going to pot somedays...or maybe I was born to be middle aged.
    Have a good weekend. Moragxx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    How Mousey

Sorry i missed your post , that man was a moany old fart ,
    (((())))XX
    Karen.