Power Cut

Options
Avrielle
Avrielle Member Posts: 182
edited 16. Jun 2012, 10:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
In loads of pain with my foot as weather is rubbish today, and was just thinking about putting the telly on to take my mind off it and make another cuppa, when the power goes out! Gah!

When we have power cuts here, they normally only last a few seconds, if at all, as the power here is backed up because there are 5 banks on this street. But the back up generator mustn't be working as the power hasn't come back on!

Wonder if there will be any robberies, and more importantly, how long before I can get a cup of tea made??

Been soooo long since I've been in a power cut due to where I live (very handy having priority electricity!) that its very alien to have one lasting a while. Hope it doesn't go on too long.
Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.

Comments

• Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Phew. Lecky is back on! Cuppa is made, TV has nothing on to watch though. *groan*
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    at least I managed to get in and our of the bank without the alarm going off :? :lol: :shock: :wink:
    Enjoy the cuppa
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tony are you feeling any better.....thought i had just seen you on crime watch...thought no it cant be... :o
    Avrielle dont you just appreciate the lecky when it comes back on...a few months ago we were cut off for hours due to someone...pinching the copper wire... :x wonder if Tony had anything to do with that... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    bugger.. I was hoping nobody was watching that :lol:

Psssst, wanna buy some copper :? :D
    barbara12 wrote:
    Tony are you feeling any better.....thought i had just seen you on crime watch...thought no it cant be... :o
    Avrielle dont you just appreciate the lecky when it comes back on...a few months ago we were cut off for hours due to someone...pinching the copper wire... :x wonder if Tony had anything to do with that... :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    bugger.. I was hoping nobody was watching that :lol:

Psssst, wanna buy some copper :? :D
    barbara12 wrote:
    I just knew it.....how much do yu want mate.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara