Handy Hints

Options
JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 16. Jun 2012, 13:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
If you get some Solar Lights for your garden, you can also bring them indoors in the event of a night time Power Cut...........just pop them into a vase .......saves looking for candles/matches etc and also could avoid accidental fires etc.

Use a Staple Remover to prise open your Key Ring when adding a new key.

:-)

anyone got any more?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oooh, clever ideas! Here's my contribution.

Ladies, if you shave your legs using a manual razor don't waste money buying expensive lubricants - cheap hair conditioner works a treat. Note the word cheap - if it's more than £1 a bottle it won't work as well.

I have a lot of jewellery which I store in zip-lock or sandwich bags, little ones for pairs of earrings and bracelets, larger ones for necklaces. It stops items scratching each other when they are stored in drawers or boxes. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Julia what a clever idea...my garden is full of lights...and there we where a few months ago looking for matches in the dark :oops: now I will go away and get mi brain in gear... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    I love the little bag idea DD...........it will also save longer necklaces getting tangled up.........thanks :-) x
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    I have put several self adhesive hooks (available in most supermarkets) inside my wardrobe doors to hang necklaces and bracelets etc they dont tangle and makes it easy to select and co ordinate with what ever you pick out to wear.
    Ruby
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I have hooks along the inside of my wardrobe door and I use them for hanging bras and belts from. :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I watched my neighbour once struggle to fold a bed sheet up after taking it off the washing line, trying not to drop it on the floor..

easiest way is just fold it in half while on the line then half again etc...
    Much easier..
    Hey, and this from a bloke lol..
    I must be getting soft in mi old age :wink::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I think this is a freat idea
    You can get 6 scewers with wooden handles from the £1 shop you can bend the end into hook shapes great for reaching things with a bit of tape on the ends you can use them to help get dressed. reach under the bed all sorts of uses.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE