what films do you dislike most

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 22. Jun 2012, 08:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
I absolutely hate the james bond films,doesnt matter who plays him they bore me rigid. What do you hate most. Mig

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm with you on Bond films, hubby is just sat watching one now..... they are always on.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sci fi, especially Star wars and Star Trek. Yawn!
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    ET...its on again....when I first saw it I thought it was brilliant....but my god I was gullible :lol: ...
    Love
    Barbara
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    all romcoms. They are nearly all neither rom or com! x

7worlds
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    For me it's horror, musicals and 'true life'. I'm not good at being scared, musicals are dumbed-down opera (don't like that either :wink: ) and the true-life ones are far too cloying. I do like the Bond films but not the ones with man-ape-cross Sean Connery, or those with creaky eyebrows R Moore Esq. Utterly ghastly IMHO. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Avatar, just hated it, didn't 'get it' at all.

Oh and one of Barbara Steisand's - Yentil? Just starts singing the strangest times in the films? Usually I like musicals but this one zzz.

Have just seen The Kings Speech (last 2 people in the country to see it I know) and love it! I've rejoined the dvd postal thing as I think I'm going to be bored to tears through the Olympics/football etc etc

So any good newish films?
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of film watching to be honest, but sometimes I come across a film I love and my partner loves films.

If I don't like a film then I'll just turn it off/stop watching. See little point in boring myself further.

I love 'nam films but they make me cry, so in a sense, I both love them and hate them at the same time. Hamburger Hill and Platoon leaves me in tears every time!

Silly teen comedies and romcoms I hate. American Pie and films like that are just filth and an insult to my intelligence. Though occassionally there is a good funny one that will have me laughing, but its rare. These teen films exclude the quintessential 80's teen films though (of course), the Breakfast Club, Porky's, Ferris Beullers Day Off, etc.

Horror B movies can be terrible or fantastically hilarious. Having used to be a fan of Japanese horror I'm somewhat hardened to the 'mainstream' American horrors. But the Human Centapede was one that I could never watch again. Brilliant film, but I still feel sick thinking about it...

I'm not sure if it's the worst film I have ever seen, but it certainly takes the number 1 spot for being so bad it's... Bad! But had me laughing. I think it was called 'killer trees' and it's a no brainer to work out what it was about, but 'low budget' isn't the term for this. The film consisted of some teenagers in the woods being chased by a 'killer tree' but was plainly clear that it was a man dressed up as a bush. Didn't even try to make him look like a tree, just a load of leaves on him! And this tree/bush ran after these people, chasing and killing them. I'm still not entirely sure how serious the makers of this film were, but it was almost too bad to be a comedy horror deliberately! Heh!
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    I love sci fi sorry folks Hate the rocky films .
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Lord of The Rings whatever one it is one or two,loses me completely, too complicated...Also hate the Rocky ones and war ones too or ones which involve lots of kick boxing style (jackie chan)....

Elainex
    mig wrote:
    I absolutely hate the james bond films,doesnt matter who plays him they bore me rigid. What do you hate most. Mig
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I couldn't sit still long enough to watch a film nowadays. Even throughout the football which I love, I'm here there and everywhere.

I have't seen Kings speech either MM.
    E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    All of them except Zulu and the Commitments.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I hate films with needless violence .................why do we need to be shocked so much nowadays, leave something to the imagination, I don't need to see such horror!

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Harry Potter films

They go on far too long and are so boring

juliepf x
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    i hate horror it gives me the creeps..
    anything with to much blood and gor cannot watch..
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    all mushy rubbish.. I will never watch crap like titanic, far too cheesy for my liking.
    Saying that, Meet Joe Black and Legends of the fall are fantastic love stories.
    Any Chris Rock films, apart from Dogma but he didn't play a huge role..
    Any van damne films

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    I hate films with needless violence .................why do we need to be shocked so much nowadays, leave something to the imagination, I don't need to see such horror!

Luv,

Pretty much all of them Linda.

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:

...Except Jesus. :shock: :lol:
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    my point exactly lol... :wink::lol:
    Avrielle wrote:
    tjt6768 wrote:

...Except Jesus. :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • paddyw
    paddyw Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Love the the Twilight sages. Any thing thats not real,and good effects. Hate war flims to real! .Paddy
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Anything with Jim Carey in ........he really irritates me
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I love war films scifi and horror films, the more guts and blood the better for me!, but I hate the feel good Prozac films the US pumps out they make me want to up chuck self indulgent rubbish, the worst ever was grand canyon a totally pointless load of old tripe, wasn't worth the cost of the film if you ask me.