What a morning!!!

Options
Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 19. Jun 2012, 09:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Oh my dog! what a morning!
Out here in the fens we don't have mains sewerage. We have the joys of septic tanks, which due to modern day living, (dishwashers, washing machines etc.) occasionally don't work as they should, and need emtying. The man arrived at 8.30 this morning and emptied ours.
I had just sat down to post on "three word story" (which I love), when I noticed a disgusting smell. It couldn't be the septic tank, that was all done and dusted. I looked around and saw my beautiful little white dog, covered from head to paw in foul black sludge! She had found some on the grass next to the septic tank, and rolled in it.
Now my hands are really bad this morning, but I couldn't call my OH to come home from work. Not so soon after the tortoise incident! So, I had to hose the lawn, bath the dog, three times! Then scrub the utility room, then shower and change my clothes, and put the washing machine on! I bet the ruddy septic tank is full again!
Yours, completely knackered,
Numpty

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I had just sat down to post on "three word story" (which I love), when I noticed a disgusting smell.

Oh dear! Was I the last person on there? I do apologise, Numpty :oops:

Hey, you've had the morning from hell. I award you a full rest day accompanied by the alcohol of your choice, preferably with the man of your choice, but some things are not so easily arranged.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh dear numpty

And just as I'm thinking of buying a dog :shock: :lol:

you've had a busy morning and not one that you planned, so I say you have the right to sit all afternoon and relax :wink:

Love Julie PF x :D
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh No!! poor numpty, what a morning!! Wow I feel for you, especially when your hands are bad. Now everything is squeeky clean you put your legs up and rest those hands and try and not move from the settee unless you absolutely have to!! you deserve to have a day of chill for cleaning all that!!
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Numpty

So sorry to hear this, what a naughty doggie , suppose the blokes emptying the tank could have told you about the spillage , Then you would not have had to do all the extra work .
    Hope your hands are better today .

karen.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    fowls48 wrote:
    Hi Numpty

So sorry to hear this, what a naughty doggie , suppose the blokes emptying the tank could have told you about the spillage , Then you would not have had to do all the extra work .
    Hope your hands are better today .

karen.
    Sorry the date on my work phone is ahead , have a good rest i know how you feel with the hands very painful .xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I can laugh about it now, but at the time..... I've had to throw her collar out, I just couldn't get rid of the smell! Oh well she hates baths, and had to have three so there is some justice!
    Sticky, no need for apologies! Your posts on TWS make me laugh out loud! I wish there were more.
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Sticky, no need for apologies! Your posts on TWS make me laugh out loud! I wish there were more.
    Numpty

It's mutual, Numpty. No meds are quite as pleasant to take as laughter.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear! Dogs are guaranteed to find summat smelly to roll in but all that extra work for you is no joke. :( Rest up now, you deserve it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Oh dear numpty sorry i laughed so much i nearly had an accident.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Options
    Ha ha Mig, that's all right, as long as I don't have to clean it up!
    Numpty