im new. please help. im desperate .

Options
mumoftwoboys
mumoftwoboys Member Posts: 24
edited 19. Jun 2012, 10:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
id like to say hello to everyone. im new to site. ive been seeing a rhuemy for 4yrs and still not sure if i have sero negative rhuem arthritis. at the weekend i could not stand up straight and was in sever pain so i missed work. i went to the doctors and she gave me a perscription for pain patches and a note for work. i went to work this morning and got a right mouthful saying i wasnt a team player, im not interested in the job and they think that im going to keep knockin work. im soo angry and came home. i really dont want to go back as their going to have this attitude with me and im not willing to work in this kind of atmosphere i have enogh to deal with, having daily pains.but we cant afford to loose the money. i have an appointment with welfare rights tomprrow to fill in forms for DLA but il be knocked back again for sure.
what can i do. who can help me.
chelle. xxx

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    First of all welcome to AC forum, you have taken the 1st correct step coming to this site, we try to help and support each other as best as we can. Secondly good on you for standing up for yourself! How rude are your work collegues for talking to you like that! Especially a member of staff who is disabled! I'm sure if you took the right steps you could do them for a disability at work law! and thirdly I think your best next step will be to call the Arthritis care helpline and see what they say, they will be able to advise you what to do with work, ESA forms and any other worries you may have at the moment and you will see clearly after speaking to them and feel a lot better about the future. Please let us know how you get on. :)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Chelle

welcome to the forum :D but I am so sorry to read your story :(
    I think it is terrible how your work colleagues are treating you.
    Arthritis causes enough pain and stress without you having to worry about what your colleagues are thinking. Have you a manager who you can talk to and explain the difficulties of your condition.
    perhaps you could speak to your doctor, or citizens advice, or ring the helpline on here.
    Sorry, I can't help and hope someone comes along soon who can

Wishing you well
    love julie pf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hello and welcome from me too hun. It's awful how they've acted towards you, they should be ashamed..
    If you re post this message on the Living With Arthritis section you will probably get more advice, not all of us on the forum venture onto the chit chat section..
    I really hope you can get something sorted out..

Remember, it's you that's suffering, not them so you know they're a bunch of idiots..

I wish you well, keep posting, it's a fantastic site..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Chelle,

How awful for you. :(

Maybe ringing the Helpline at the top of the page 0808 800 4050 might help you. I know they have helped many people in the past.

I'm glad you've started posting and welcome to the forum.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    first off hello and welcome second do not let them push you out of your job go see doc and get sick note for bit longer second it counts as bullying in the work place so do not do anything till you have asked advice if you have house hold insurance look see if they have a legal help line mine does it free and they give good advice they are not allowed to treat you like this i know how hard it is to keep going in when in so much pain and work is hard to find at moment good luck val
    val