arthritis

Options
pigeon118
pigeon118 Member Posts: 7
edited 26. Jul 2012, 14:08 in Say Hello Archive
Hi new to this site 70yrs old woke up three days ago with a terific pain in my ankle which gets worse as i walk ect on it people tell me itsarthritis or gout but this is round the ankle joints and it not funny any idea to relieve pain or???? oh 70 yrs old male many thanksT :wink:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello pigeon118 and welcome to the forum. All I can tell you is that it could be arthritis, which is not to say that it is. We're not docs and can't diagnose stuff. I've had arthritis in my ankles for 50 years and it's definitely painful but you really need to make an appointment with your GP to get a proper diagnosis. I hopw, for your sake, it's something that can easily be treated and cured but, if it is arthritis, you've come to the right place for understanding and help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello what a shock for you and how nasty. :( I haved osteo-arthritis in both ankles as a result of damage caused by my auto-immune version and it is far from fun. You need to go to your GP asap to ask his opinion and advice, once you know what is going on then we may well be able to help. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pigeon118
    Options
    Hi many thanks for your replywill take it on board oh just for record i to hate spiders sorry but see it killit 118
  • pigeon118
    Options
    Hi again ref very bad pain in ankle did what you suggested see my doctor he sent me to have it xrayed.Rang the surgery today for the report. Guess what doctors comments on the xrays all clear normal. im still in agony starts manely on the knuckle joint real bad then all over haveing real trouble trying to walk any advicewill be appreciated T :
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hello again, pigeon118. I'm glad you saw the doc and got the X-ray done. My guess - and it's only a guess - is that you can now rule out a break of any kind and also any damage to your ankle from arthritis. Note, I say damage. It takes some time for the damage to occur so, the fact that the X-ray shows nothing untoward doesn't, of itself, rule out arthritis. It might simply mean that you haven't had arthritis long enough for it to show damage.

In your place I'd go back to the doc and sort out some meds, possibly some physio and possibly an ankle support might help. Also wear sensible shoes (no stilettos :lol: ) which support your foot well. Lace-ups or velcro is best. Slip ons aren't. I hope you can soon get some relief from this. Keep us in the loop, please.
    Steven Wright
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hello there your not by any chance from pigeon Watch Forum are you.
    Sorry to hear your in pain, I think the best thing you can do is pay a visit to the GP, it no fun being in pain all the time. let us know how you get on and welcome to the AC forum
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • pigeon118
    Options
    Hi yes i do go on pigeon chat now and again to much rubbish gets on there . had pigeons nearly 60 years plus corn shop. Anyhow going back to docs this week its getting to see one is the problem keep you posted might come up with something to help T
  • pigeon118
    Options
    Hi now been tested for gout but i dont think it is . thing is went to cross the road got half way the pain kicked in that bad i could not move nearly got knocked down by a car this is getting serious now going back to docs wed/thur yours P
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You are right, pigeon. It's getting serious when you have to stop in the middle of the road and you're doing the right thing, going back to the GP. Ankle pain doesn't sound like gout to me but what do I know? I've never had gout.

Are you taking any pain relief? If not, it sounds as if you need some. If you are, it might need increasing. Please keep us updated and good luck.
    Steven Wright
  • pigeon118
    Options
    :Hi finaliy got some where. had all tests .docter has put me back on3x steroid a day 1xtablet a week alendronic acid. and2xa day calcium carb. i am 75% better than iwas at least i feel better in myself many thanks to all that has helped p
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better, pigeon. Thanks for letting us know.
    Steven Wright