Can you resist a bargain?

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 21. Jun 2012, 05:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yesterday, the plan was to go to town on the bus, get my hair done, and come straight home again. I wasn't going to look round the shops at all, especially any selling clothes. I really don't need any more clothes as I've got more than enough to see me through the summer.

But then I missed the bus and had an hour to wait for the next one, so to pass the time, I wandered into a well-known high street store. There staring me in the face were rails of clothes with the word SALE written above them :!: Well, what was I to do :?: So there I was twenty minutes later in the fitting room with the maximum 8 items you are allowed at a time. I came away with a pair of jeans (£9) two Per Una t-shirts (£5 each) and a lovely top which was reduced from £29.50 to £7, making a grand total of £26 for four good-quality items.

I had a big smile on my face all the way home on the bus. :D
I can't resist a good bargain, can you :?:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    you wimmin and your shopping :roll: :lol:
    I would have wasted the time sat having a cuppa instead. Couple of quid at the most, much cheapness lol :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    got some shoes for £24 instead of £30 just what i was looking for. no i never miss a bargain look at the money it saves oh he got trainers and t shirt for holiday we might never afford lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Yes Tony, a cuppa would have been cheaper, but think how good I will feel when I go out today in my bargain clothes. Oh dear, as long as I don't meet someone else wearing the same outfit :roll:

Glad you got some bargains too, Val. Shoes are so expensive, so it's good if you can find some in the sales.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Call me Bubbadog Bargain hunter, my life is spent sitting with my laptop looking through every offer/sale part of my fav sites (especially next!) I must buy something every week! At the moment my OH wants some new tops so he's put me in charge of doing that!! Over last 3 days I've had stuff arrive from next,Debenhams and Joe Browns!!!
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    I hate clothes shopping. Always makes me aware of how fat I am!

I desperately need new clothes, but I still slob about in my old gear as I simply can't afford new clothes, even if on sale.

I will have to by a new pair of jeans soon though as my only pair are beginning to wear out and starting to get holes in the crotch area....

I did buy myself 2 packs of new cotton undies last fortnight though. Was an essential buy as I need cotton undies. Wearing lacey nylons causes womenly problems...

I'm a jeans and baggy t-shirt girl. I look like a slob, but I don't care. I can transform in to a victorian-gothic princess for a night out if I really want too. I have loads of goth clothes, but most don't fit me anymore. But my dresses and skirts do, and I can -just- about pull off the victorian-goth look as long as I have make-up on. But I hardly ever go out anymore, and it is even rarer that I'll get dressed up.

When it comes to non-clothes bargains though, I'm very tight on my money so I kinda have to sniff out bargains.
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Wow Joan I'm impressed! I too love a bargain, and it sounds as though you got a good one. I hope you enjoy wearing your new clothes. Are you going out somewhere nice to show them off?
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Needed a dressing gown that wouldnt take up a lot of room when packing,got one from per unas sale £12 in stead of £25,its a nice long one with a hood on.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I try to reign myself in by thinking that a bargain is only a bargain if you are willing to pay full-price in the first place. I took a necklace to the till point at M&S, expecting to pay full-price minus 20% and it came up at £3! I have spent too much money at that store in the past few weeks but I am trying to smarten myself up, my thinking being that if I look smarter I'll feel better in myself. It's nearly working! :wink: I'm pleased for you Joan, it is a satisfying feeling isn't it? And I bet you look lovely to boot! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Can't resist bargains...... :-)

have begun scouring Eb*y for good quality items that i can wear to work.......have ben fairly successful with 2 dresses, 4 tops and an Ann Harvey trouser suit ...........none of the items has cost me over £10 including postage! :-)
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Love a bargain too , I do all my shopping on line and check out M and S each time there's a sale on ; adore that per una range . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I agree about Per Una, that range has some lovely stuff as does their Indigo brand. As my husband so kindly points out 'How many skirts can you wear at once?' I know, only one but that doesn't mean I don't need at least another seven in the wardrobe. :wink: And then when the Monsoon sale begins . . . . . Mind you, how many shirts can he wear at once? Yup, one but he has thirteen. Same dog perhaps but a very different piece of string - and I pay for my skirts. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I will admit that I will try and ask if the price can be any better, only when buying expensive items though. Just bought a cyclone media player, got a bit knocked off it just mainly by having a laugh with the girl at the till.. I'm always friendly with anyone who's at the tills, I'd hate to do that job, I really wouldn't last long as I tell it like it is lol..
    It doesn't cost anything to s spend a minute asking them if they are ok etc..
    And sometimes it has benefits too lol.. I hasten to add, that is not why I'm friendly with the people at the tills.. I'm like that with most folks..
    until they upset me :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Melrymax
    Melrymax Member Posts: 226
    I am a nightmare for bargains! I found a website which I check daily and is great for absolutely everything! We aren't allowed to post sites on here are we?
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I rarely buy anything unless it has been reduced. I buy a lot from charity shops and am disappointed if I don't find something to buy. Hope you're all enjoying your bargains.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My OH & I always play companies off wanna nother when it comes to expensive items and holidays! My OH makes me do the dirty work and I will start with the one company and go to another company and 'say such and such company has offered me the item at (I always knock a couple of hundred off the price the 1st company offered the item at) and say' Can you do a better price?' and then I go back to the other company tell them the better price and back and forth till I get the price I want to pay! It's hard work but when you get the item/holiday for well under half the price it's advertised at it makes you feel good!!