what would you do

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 25. Jun 2012, 06:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
well today is a great day pain wise shame have work in a bit but if you had pain free day what would you do with it what do you put off now because it would be to much ????
been thinking about this and have decided if i had day to myself would go to sea side, swim in sea (i know it would be cold) eat fish and chips walk for miles just being normal and happy in the thought there would be no come back in the form of pain. now i weigh all the options on how far how much and if it will be worth the pain later.
if for some reason got two such days would decorate house from top to bottom lol val
val

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's strange but I was only thinking about what it would be like to be pain-free this morning. My legs are really aching today because I walked round the shops yesterday (serves me right for spending money :roll:)

I used to walk for miles in the countryside, something which is now impossible. If I had a pain-free day, I would go for a long walk in the Derbyshire countryside and end up at a pub for a nice meal.

Swimming in the sea would appeal to me too, Val, but only somewhere nice and warm like the Greek Islands.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    I would like to go for a long walk too , But i would have to opt for cleaning the house , But on pain free days i'm too tired :lol:
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    I'd tidy out the cupboard! Or the Jaws of Hell as I call it. I'd be able to stand on the step ladder and reach the top shelves.

I'd take a long walk along the riverside or the beach.

I'd do some shopping and marvel at how easy it is to carry a big carton of milk home, etc without crutches!

If I could afford it, I'd go to Edinburgh and have a wonder around up there.

I'd switch on my music and dance without looking and feeling like a complete idiot!

I'd go up and down the stairs a couple of times, 'Ooh'-ing at how pain free it is.

I'd hide my tablets away and take advantage of my brain being unfuzzed by them! Maybe watch a film I love all the way through, or start writing a blog!

I would hop about on my bad foot.

I would wear heels all day. (this one makes me sad as I haven't been able to get my foot in to a pair of heels for 2 years now! I love heels!)

Unfortunately I never get pain free days with my foot. It always hurts! And now my knees and hips are going with probable arthur... well.... it makes me sad.
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Oh Avrielle

You aren't going to waste a single second of your painfree day are you??

I think I will spend my day with you then I wont waste any either :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Oh Avrielle

You aren't going to waste a single second of your painfree day are you??

I think I will spend my day with you then I wont waste any either :wink:

Love

Toni xxx

Absolutely not! Heh! I haven't been pain-free in over 2 years because of my foot, so I would certainly make the most of it!

And you are more than welcome to join me. We could do a road trip!
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Just to feel and be normal
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'd take my children to Disneyland Paris and I'd go on as many of the rides as possible myself.

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Ooh Val, I don't even need to think about this one.
    I would take my dog for the longest walk she's ever had. Then I would invite friends round for a party, and dance the night away!
    MMMMM
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I can't remember painfree. Honestly. I remember I was, during my first pregnancy (He's 41 now!), when it all just disappeared and I remember it felt like gravity had kind of disappeared but that I never quite got used to this weird feeling.

I know what I wouldn't do -housework. I'd require 2 consecutive painfree days because on the first, wherever I went, whatever I did (country walk?), I'd get bladdered and need a second to recover. And I'd give Mr SW a night to remember :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    I'd walk to the top of Helvellyn with my 11 and 9 year old
    grand daughters. Havent been up there since 1983.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Ooh, Avrielle's post has reminded me about how much I used to enjoy wearing high heels and going dancing! So if I had a painfree day, I would wear my high heels and dance till I dropped :!: :D Running up and down the stairs would be a long- forgotten treat too.

Hey Ichabod, I'd meet you at the top of Helvellyn too :D ( or even Blackpool Tower )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    what a great time we would all have
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Thanks val

Maybe just maybe we could also eat and drink anything we wanted without any repercussions??

After all it would be a miracle day :D

Love

toni xx

(with Avrielle)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    My grandchildren are both into sports football,cricket,tennis, swimming i just want to have a go with them instead of them shouting" watch me granny" oh **** it made myself cry now. :cry::cry:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh mig :(

(((((((((())))))))))))

Love Juliepf x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I would like my real leg back on this day too (if its not too much to ask)

Then, I too would run and run, Swim in a nice warm sea with my oh then we would go mountain biking, stop at a pub for lunch, do a spot of clothes shopping, I would help oh wash car, cut grass and then make him an incredible tea.
    AND after all that I would still have some energy left for ????? :D

juliepf x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I would unscrew a bottle of fizzy pop and enjoy a long cool drink.

I would scratch the unreachable itch.

I would cut my toenails myself.

I would clean my own ears ............sorry :oops:

I would wash my hair whatever time of day it was and blow dry it so it looks perfect.

I would try on all my clothes and delight in taking them off again.

.....................and most important I would be a slave to Mr Legs and do whatever he wanted me too! :wink::D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I would wish we were all pain free together on the same day evening. Everyone would meet up from the forum and have a good party the best party ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D 8) 8) 8) 8) love to you all Joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh Val a pain free day... I would (don't look Tony) ride a horse and go swim with the seals and then go find my adopted grandson and have a really good time doing all the things he asks me to do that I can't or can only watch him :wink: xx do
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I would start day by doing some pilates (the tuffer stuff I can't do normally!) Then go and do some gardening, pruning and weeding. Might do some baking if I can get into the kitchen before OH (Chef (Ramsey) White!) shoo's me out! Put some slow music on and get OH in my grasp and have a smoochy dance!